Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Perfectly put. 

The issue to me is where is the evidence? We all saw Ashy and his letter shredding incident live on social media. We all read his testimony to the PAC. We’ve all seen Rachel Glovers various meltdowns on Twitter. But where is all this trolling that Ashy claims he and his family receives? Nobody seems to have seen any of it. And if Glover is to be believed the police don’t have anything to go on either. So where and when did all this ‘bullying’ he claimed happened to him occur? There simply seems to be no record of it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

The issue to me is where is the evidence? We all saw Ashy and his letter shredding incident live on social media. We all read his testimony to the PAC. We’ve all seen Rachel Glovers various meltdowns on Twitter. But where is all this trolling that Ashy claims he and his family receives? Nobody seems to have seen any of it. And if Glover is to be believed the police don’t have anything to go on either. So where and when did all this ‘bullying’ he claimed happened to him occur? There simply seems to be no record of it. 

You don't need to be Einstein to work out he's full of shit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

He is literally a politician of zero credibility. In future as a back bencher even Rob Callister probably carry’s more gravitas. And that’s something that probably really needs to strike home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

Sadly this seems true the more this sorry episode goes on. The other big one was the point by point rebuttal for RG claims that never appeared . He's clearly a fantasist lost in his own delusional world. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for David Ashford?

No. You've got Lrk, Fookadoodledoo, hissingsid and The Voice from between Ashford's Buttocks for company...

Edited by Non-Believer
Add hissingsid
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

He is literally a politician of zero credibility.

Don't worry plenty more coming, what with those spunky 50 year old city kids when they go for a few hundred votes and a 60K pay rise.

Edited by HiVibes

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for David Ashford?

No I think we can say that David Ashford feels very, very sorry for David Ashford indeed. So much so that he has no sorrow left over for anyone else.

There was absolutely no hint of contrition or repentance or the slightest self-knowledge in that pitiful resignation letter.  I don't doubt that his offer of resignation on Monday (five days after the Decision was published and after various denials he would go) was of the "If you want me to go, I will resign" type and that he had to be pushed even into that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newsdesk said:

You've got to realise that a lot of people in political and, even more so, the media are so self-centred that they experience any disagreement or the slightest criticism (especially if justified) as persecution.  Of course they are entitled to criticise and attack as much as they want, because that is justified because it's them.  But if someone somewhere is saying something they don't like, it must be an evil attack on them personally and the guilty should rounded up. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You've got to realise that a lot of people in political and, even more so, the media are so self-centred that they experience any disagreement or the slightest criticism (especially if justified) as persecution.  Of course they are entitled to criticise and attack as much as they want, because that is justified because it's them.  But if someone somewhere is saying something they don't like, it must be an evil attack on them personally and the guilty should rounded up. 

The start of Fascism as we are seeing in the UK

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

The start of Fascism as we are seeing in the UK

It's more the rise of Ayn Rand's followers in the UK Government, driven by the idea of radical individualism, which is leading the collapse in society. Considering she believed altruism was evil putting one of her most steadfast followers, Sajid Javid, as minister for health in the UK is bonkers. 

• Like 2