Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

17 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

You've got to realise that a lot of people in political and, even more so, the media are so self-centred that they experience any disagreement or the slightest criticism (especially if justified) as persecution.  Of course they are entitled to criticise and attack as much as they want, because that is justified because it's them.  But if someone somewhere is saying something they don't like, it must be an evil attack on them personally and the guilty should rounded up. 

Yes I get that. But i really would like to see some post somewhere on social media that is apparently attacking his family in any way. Some people do seem to have expressed their disappointment in him and have views on his behaviour. But he’s claiming that a large part of the reasons behind his resignation are linked to trolling of his family on social media but absolutely no evidence of that seems to exist at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bandits said:

It’s amazing the lies people believe. I see a Manx Labour stalwart is currently crying on IOM News and Politics about how Ashy has allegedly been trolled. She should probably learn to read before offering an opinion. 

That's interesting.  Manx labour party have been burying their heads in the sand since the tribunal, only mentioning the freedom of the press 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Don't see why anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun would shed tears for Ashford

It’s certainly very odd. Especially from someone who I think set up their own Facebook Group last year where no rules applied and admins were openly encouraging members to post what they liked having had posts taken down on IOM News & Politics. It’s amazing the rubbish people believe just because a politician allegedly said it. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why do you have to be so vulgar?

What is vulgar is the treatment of professionals engaged to look after your and my health.  Not only Dr R, but Dr G, Dr T (which seems to have dropped off the radar)  the four anaesthetists and there are probably more who have not made the headlines. 

That is vulgar, abhorrent, scandalous and sordid, not some humorous (possibly) post on the Internet. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What is vulgar is the treatment of professionals engaged to look after your and my health.  Not only Dr R, but Dr G, Dr T (which seems to have dropped off the radar)  the four anaesthetists and there are probably more who have not made the headlines. 

That is vulgar, abhorrent, scandalous and sordid, not some humorous (possibly) post on the Internet. 

Can we add the treatment of the abbotswood staff to that list?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If that happens to be your view, fair enough but you can express it without using toilet humour.

• Thanks 1

He clearly still doesn’t get it does he? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-urged-to-take-time-to-reflect-before-resignation-speech/

After reading his cringeworthy resignation letter let’s hope we hear a bit of contrition tomorrow in his speech not just more of the buck passing and failure to ignore the reality of the situation. Although I’m not sure why it even needs a speech as the letter is long enough. This is hardly Winston Churchill resigning just some delusional tit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3