Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I know they exist. Just common sense.

Nobody is going to think they are a bad thing.

Its just Mr Nolan putting into a formal context that no one would disagree with. 

Do you have them hand written on a piece of A 4 in a frame hung on your lounge wall?😀

No  I have the Desiderata and underline the bits about the dull and ignorant and the loud and vexatious. 

If the principles were common sense, they wouldn't need to be set down and given to all holders of public office as the principles by which they hold their position.  Yet no one is ever measured formally  against them.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

No  I have the Desiderata and underline the bits about the dull and ignorant and the loud and vexatious. 

If the principles were common sense, they wouldn't need to be set down and given to all holders of public office as the principles by which they hold their position.  Yet no one is ever measured formally  against them.

Excellent post totally agree.

Although lve have not been able to catch up on what's been going on here for the last few weeks.  OMG I  literally had a double take.  It's obviously all coming out in the wash as my old granny used to say. Thank goodness for manx forum otherwise l would have been taken in by the dribble that the iom government allow to know.

• Like 4

The concerning part of all this is that we knew this was going on from all of the PAC meetings, but it took Dr Ransons tribunal into shaming government to act.

Would they have acted if the tribunal findings were not public?

• Like 7

Just now, cissolt said:

The concerning part of all this is that we knew this was going on from all of the PAC meetings, but it took Dr Ransons tribunal into shaming government to act.

Would they have acted if the tribunal findings were not public?

A very, very good question. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Are they not a bit like the Ten Commandments though? Few would be able to quote them word for word but everybody knows you shouldn’t kill etc.

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Are they not a bit like the Ten Commandments though? Few would be able to quote them word for word but everybody knows you shouldn’t kill etc.

It sounds like you are defending ignorance if them and patently not acting in accordance with them. 

• Like 1

Most of those who have left were featured in a negative light in the Ranson tribunal. With the exception of the DFE chap.

Which makes this clip from Lawrie even more baffling as he chaired the secret Ranson PAC evidence session:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hooper-unusual-for-so-many-gov-employees-to-leave-at-same-time/

Is he Naïve? Or dishonest? He doesn't come across as stupid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

Most of those who have left were featured in a negative light in the Ranson tribunal. With the exception of the DFE chap.

Which makes this clip from Lawrie even more baffling as he chaired the secret Ranson PAC evidence session:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hooper-unusual-for-so-many-gov-employees-to-leave-at-same-time/

He can’t be honest. He clearly knows what’s going on. But then again he’s another shifty politician trying to pretend that he isn’t shifty. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

You make me feel a bit stupid.

I have that 'Footprints In The Sand'. Oh, and the one of the tennis girl scratching her bottom.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

What do you expect him to do?  Break out into a chorus of "Ding dong! The witch is dead"?  He's going to block any precise questions with vague generalities and unspecific compliments because he's not going to want to break any agreements.  Silence is cheaper than settlements.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Sending love Doc. To you and Mrs Doc. 

Thanks Rox. My sadness pales into insignificance compared to recent world events and of course closer to home with poor Lilly. It's still sad of course but my thoughts go out to others too.

• Like 3