Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

There isn't a single breath of humility in the man. Nothing humble or conscientious about him at all. Just arrogant retort and high self-regard.

It will be/has been his downfall.

Has he even considered the findings of the tribunal and the role he played?

Fool. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gladys said:

No  I have the Desiderata and underline the bits about the dull and ignorant and the loud and vexatious.

A very good choice. However, the advice is to listen to the dull and the ignorant, for they to have a story to tell, and to avoid the loud and vexatious, for they are a pain in the arse...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

This whole affair is Walter's Gallipoli moment if there's a comparison to be drawn with Winston...

Hasnt he any friends that could have a quiet word in his ear? . When your in a hole stop digging . He really is a arrogant muppet and clearly believes the hype and thinks he's a lot more important than he is. I have zero respect for him now , not much before tbh , and looking forward to his page by page rebuttals on why he's been wronged.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Hasnt he any friends that could have a quiet word in his ear? When your in a hole stop digging. He really is a arrogant muppet who clearly believes the hype and thinks he's a lot more important than he is. I have zero respect for him now and not much before tbh, and am looking forward to his page by page rebuttals on why he's been wronged.  

I can't see it happening, tbh. If there's to be further investigation into alleged criminality it'll likely be years before it's completed and I suspect, like the PAC inquiry re Dr.G (still ongoing?) the wrongdoers will want to see the back of it all rather than prolong it by continuing in denial. And I can see him standing-down before then...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, quilp said:

I can't see it happening, tbh. If there's to be further investigation into alleged criminality it'll likely be years before it's completed and I suspect, like the PAC inquiry re Dr.G (still ongoing?) the wrongdoers will want to see the back of it all rather than prolong it by continuing in denial. And I can see him standing-down before then...

Wish he would as he's just embarrassing now and with no apology just a low life in my view . And in the position he still is in its even more of a blight on the credibility of Government . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lilly said:

Excellent post totally agree.

Although lve have not been able to catch up on what's been going on here for the last few weeks.  OMG I  literally had a double take.  It's obviously all coming out in the wash as my old granny used to say. Thank goodness for manx forum otherwise l would have been taken in by the dribble that the iom government allow to know.

But there’s nothing on here that’s not in the public domain.

Except perhaps for a couple of unsubstantiated rumours.

Plus of course a lot of vitriol and nasty name calling.

50 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But there’s nothing on here that’s not in the public domain.

Except perhaps for a couple of unsubstantiated rumours.

Plus of course a lot of vitriol and nasty name calling.

When someone has selective memory and lies regularly and is in a position of authority then they deserve all the vitriol and name calling they get. I hate liars with a passion ! . And Ashford has lied on too many occasions .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 7

Another Point by Point rebuttal expected soon?

Former DHSC minister waiting for restrictions to lift

The former treasury minister says he 'regrets' the findings of an employment tribunal but claimed he'll have 'a lot more to say' once restrictions around the whistle blowing case are lifted.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, KERED said:

Another Point by Point rebuttal expected soon?

Former DHSC minister waiting for restrictions to lift

The former treasury minister says he 'regrets' the findings of an employment tribunal but claimed he'll have 'a lot more to say' once restrictions around the whistle blowing case are lifted.

We all spent 2 years waiting for restrictions to lift. I'm sure he can take 'baby steps' and wait a bit longer before he opens his mouth again.

• Haha 1