Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

😂😂This is the man who was Treasury Minster when the Liverpool Terminal went about £35 million over budget. 

People say that swearing is the sign of a limited vocabulary, but when it comes to Ashford I can't find anything in the OED more appropriate than "fucking wanker", sorry.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Joker.

Part of the Establishment, never a cross word with other politicos or civil servants, suddenly he has a reforming zeal. 

He would appear to be trying to master the art of stating the bloody obvious and hoping the electorate will applaud his reforming zeal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubbiali said:

He would appear to be trying to master the art of stating the bloody obvious and hoping the electorate will applaud his reforming zeal.

At the last election, practically every manifesto had reforming government and affordable housing at its core...all forgotten again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I know that I have always referred to this odious politician as the Boy Vampire, but in view of how his head appears to have been growing vertically (look at that new photo), perhaps he might actually be one of the Aliens?

image.jpeg.88a47dcb9d0eaef16092921e08cbd5df.jpeg

Edited by Boo Gay'n

He's also the muppet who said he didn't know how much all the Covid measures were costing either. Including the Unit built for the Oxygen supply up there. Ohh and the Vacination hubs built at a massive cost , totally unnecessary and on a whim with no limit on budget. How much again did the chairs cost for Chester street !?? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Neuro-linguistic programming:

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a pseudoscientific approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California, United States, in the 1970s. NLP's creators claim there is a connection between neurological processes (neuro-), language (linguistic) and behavioral patterns learned through experience (programming), and that these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life.[...] 

Ashford would be nothing without it. He has fully mastered the art of goal setting and self delusion. 

There is  a lot of talk about Callister and Ashford, and rightly so, but what about the rest of them? Lets talks about boilers in homes, and dog and sh1te, not  about creating new jobs, they think the general public are thick, they have no respect.  Spineless, the lot of them.  Interesting that the covid support died death, cover up. Useless, the lot of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

He's also the muppet who said he didn't know how much all the Covid measures were costing either. Including the Unit built for the Oxygen supply up there. Ohh and the Vacination hubs built at a massive cost , totally unnecessary and on a whim with no limit on budget. How much again did the chairs cost for Chester street !?? 

Ok you want to concentrate on the cost of chairs rather than how many lives were potentially saved by operating the vaccination hubs ( totally unnecessary according to you, others may have a different opinion)

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok you want to concentrate on the cost of chairs rather than how many lives were potentially saved by operating the vaccination hubs ( totally unnecessary according to you, others may have a different opinion)

Once again you missed the point. He is stating that government need to make sure contracts are on time and on budget. But he failed totally to monitor or watch was spent on issues over Covid. £200 a chair and 300k for hub at ronaldsway which was totally over the top from what other jurisdictions were managing with. At no time have I said the vaccination hubs were unnecessary  but the extravagant design and amount spent on them was .You telling me that chairs couldnt have been sourced elsewear , bet theres loads around in all the government departments doing nothing .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Once again you missed the point. He is stating that government need to make sure contracts are on time and on budget. But he failed totally to monitor or watch was spent on issues over Covid. £200 a chair and 300k for hub at ronaldsway which was totally over the top from what other jurisdictions were managing with. At no time have I said the vaccination hubs were unnecessary  but the extravagant design and amount spent on them was .You telling me that chairs couldnt have been sourced elsewear , bet theres loads around in all the government departments doing nothing .

Yes.  Chairs were necessary for those who couldn't stand for long or being vaxed, but as a general thing, they would have been quite contrary to the advice at the time to keep moving.

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Ok if you can verify to me that one of the orange plastic seats I sat on in Chester Street (ex Shoprite) whilst waiting for my vaccinations cost £200 I would be more than happy to concede that they should/could have been bought for less.

Hell I would have bought my own chair if that were the case.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes.  Chairs were necessary for those who couldn't stand for long or being vaxed, but as a general thing, they would have been quite contrary to the advice at the time to keep moving.

Of course they were necessary and needed for the reasons you mention. Also you had to wait after the vaccine to make sure no reaction .  

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Of course they were necessary and needed for the reasons you mention. Also you had to wait after the vaccine to make sure no reaction .  

Except they suddenly decided you did not have to wait after the Vaccination

• Like 2