Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

14 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Except they suddenly decided you did not have to wait after the Vaccination

Might be wrong but think it depended on what vac type it was. My booster end of last year in Chester street I had to wait 15 mins I think it was from memory .

Of course there was a need for seating.  But I never was asked to sit and wait after a vax, just not drive.  Then again, there were secondary schools with lots of chairs un-sat-upon at the same time.

Not a big point, but really, we were all a bit sceptical about the money spent on  the vax centres, when other places were putting tents up in car parks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Being seated in  or on chairs could have given those observing a better opportunity to notice anyone who was having an adverse reaction???

As I said, when I had my vaxes, I was never asked to stay for 15 mins, just not drive.  Others may have, but it was "off you go  but don't drive".  Perhaps there were people who needed to be sat and observed, particularly in the early roll out. 

A wonderful Manx urban myth surrounds the vaccination hubs.

It seemed that on seeing people in UK having injections in toilets and broom cupboards  and comparing  our more comfortable arrangements we felt let down as we felt entitled to a similar level of misery.

Nearly all of us have passed through one of the hubs, so we are all experts, but to me they really were not/ are not lavish and certainly not as response to a national emergency:

1. part of the airport foyer cordoned off with 4x2 s , plaster board partitions- Ah! what about the famous,  fantastically expensive skirting boards of folklore  ( how much is wooden skirting per metre?)
 2. A disused supermarket.Windowless with effectively no heating for the first few  months and little afterwards.

Chairs? .. Chairs ?  don’t talk to me about chairs  - I have heard (from someone who knows)   they even bought a whole box of new  light bulbs…- - A whole box.. New ones..Mad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Might be wrong but think it depended on what vac type it was.

This is correct - 15 minute wait was recommended after Pfizer and Moderna.   This has been suspended, mainly because observed anaphylaxis has been very low, ie, no worse than the other brands.

https://www.gov.im/categories/health-and-wellbeing/vaccinations/covid-19-vaccination-programme/waiting-after-your-covid-19-vaccination/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gladys said:

As I said, when I had my vaxes, I was never asked to stay for 15 mins, just not drive.  Others may have, but it was "off you go  but don't drive".  Perhaps there were people who needed to be sat and observed, particularly in the early roll out. 

I witnessed someone who decided to not wait for the 15 mins trying to walk straight out and being chased and strictly bought to heel by one of the observers ( a nurse I think) overseeing the post vaccination quarter of an hour wind down time. This was at an Astra  Zeneca session 

Edited by The Voice of Reason

I see that Ashford is now jumping on the access to buses for anybody with additional needs . Something I'm pretty sure is being looked at already with a consultation on it to include mobility scooters etc. Must be feeling the need to keep in the limelight . Surprised he has time as would have though he would have been to busy preparing his point by point rebuttal times two. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I see that Ashford is now jumping on the access to buses for anybody with additional needs . Something I'm pretty sure is being looked at already with a consultation on it to include mobility scooters etc. Must be feeling the need to keep in the limelight . Surprised he has time as would have though he would have been to busy preparing his point by point rebuttal times two. 

Yes seems so

Just my view, but I can't see mobility scooters being allowed on buses. Its crazy. What a massive hazard to all the other users. Its a difficult one I know, but sometimes things are just not possible.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes seems so

Just my view, but I can't see mobility scooters being allowed on buses. Its crazy. What a massive hazard to all the other users. Its a difficult one I know, but sometimes things are just not possible.

It’s possible, if there are buses wide enough and big enough to cater for every disablity and every special interest group on the island. It would cost the taxpayers a fortune and after a few years, an MHK would pipe up they aren’t up to standards so will need replacing. Sadly life isn’t always fair. 

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

His confidence will have been bolstered by Allinson heaping praise on, "The last two Treasury Ministers" for their "financial prudence and good judgement" in post...(IoM Courier).

20220625_125411.thumb.jpg.13c71a867e20807758b18b2d4ae0901d.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

There are buses with no major adaption, just rejigging of seating for multi use standard/wheelchair/prams. Just not sold by Mercedes  

That's not a big help as we haven't got any. Never seen on anywhere either. Never seen a bus in the UK or abroad that could take a mobility scooter. 

I am not against them they would be great. 

And what about all the bus stops that need to be modified. 

I just heard old Eric on the moaning line. I agree that bus stops should be modified and maybe altered buses should be ordered. But it isn't going to happen overnight is it?

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's not a big help as we haven't got any. Never seen on anywhere either. Never seen a bus in the UK or abroad that could take a mobility scooter. 

Cornwall's busses, Stagecoach, busses in Switzerland.