Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

23 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You want him to take photos of disabled people on buses?? What would that look like???

Ha Ha. Not the people. The buses.

Further research tells me

The bus ramps cannot accommodate wheelchairs/scooters larger than 76 cm (30 inches) and longer than 127 cm (50 inches).

that's a micro scooter!

42 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I have never seen a mobility scooter on a bus in Cornwall. Have you any photos. I was there last month. The buses were shit. 

Well, you could always use Google, you'll find that many bus companies take mobility scooters. My local bus operation is great btw.

Conditions of Carriage - Go Cornwall Bus

"The majority of our buses and coaches are already able to accommodate wheelchairs, approved mobility scooters, prams and buggies. Whilst we welcome these onboard for travel, it is at the discretion of the driver as to whether or not there is enough space available. "

7 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Well, you could always use Google, you'll find that many bus companies take mobility scooters. My local bus operation is great btw.

Conditions of Carriage - Go Cornwall Bus

"The majority of our buses and coaches are already able to accommodate wheelchairs, approved mobility scooters, prams and buggies. Whilst we welcome these onboard for travel, it is at the discretion of the driver as to whether or not there is enough space available. "

Yes. But you could use Google too and work out that there are not many scooters less than 50" long. 

So Cornwall attempt is to say you can use a mobile scooter so long as its not as big as a mobility scooter. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

His confidence will have been bolstered by Allinson heaping praise on, "The last two Treasury Ministers" for their "financial prudence and good judgement" in post...(IoM Courier).

20220625_125411.thumb.jpg.13c71a867e20807758b18b2d4ae0901d.jpg

What a load of bullshit. People I talk to, the general consensus is the island is heading down a very dark path, no disaposable income, and business confidence is very hard to comeby. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. But you could use Google too and work out that there are not many scooters less than 50" long. 

So Cornwall attempt is to say you can use a mobile scooter so long as its not as big as a mobility scooter. 

There are plenty of foldable mobility scooters which meet these dimensions.

Here's a link for those who can't use Google.

Image 4 - New Foldable Mobility Scooters FDA Approved Strong Frame Power Scooter

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

Image 4 - New Foldable Mobility Scooters FDA Approved Strong Frame Power Scooter

Unfortunately whilst these mobility scooters seem ideal, you will find some Erics and Ericas who won’t be happy, will have huge mobility scooters, and will deliberately set out to cause ructions, as whatever is done, they won’t be happy unless they win, to the detriment of a compromise. 

Tim Glover MHK says there is a budget to convert another 15 bus shelters for those with mobility issues. What’s the betting that certain constituency’s on the island will get an improved bus station at the expense of disabled travellers, in areas of greater disabled concentration. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gladys said:

Of course there was a need for seating.  But I never was asked to sit and wait after a vax, just not drive.  Then again, there were secondary schools with lots of chairs un-sat-upon at the same time.

Not a big point, but really, we were all a bit sceptical about the money spent on  the vax centres, when other places were putting tents up in car parks. 

It’s not just that it’s how long they took to set up. We were 6 weeks behind the U.K. 

1 minute ago, Declan said:

It’s not just that it’s how long they took to set up. We were 6 weeks behind the U.K. 

except that was, in part, because Dr Ransom, who had a sign off function, had been excluded from the process and was presented with the papers with a demand she signed. 

It’s in the Employment Tribunal Decision.

So, even if we had done the sensible thing and used folding hospital screens and borrowed chairs from one or two the large number of third sector organisations that have a supply of chairs, we wouldn’t have got any in earlier.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Joking apart. Maybe the answer is in some sort of compromise. However it seems Cornwall is no further to an answer than we are. You can take a wheelchair on their buses and also a scooter as long as its the size of a wheelchair. I have been on plenty of buses down there, the only differences I see is that they have a ramo and a wheelchair sized area and the other difference is that their buses are old crocks belching out fumes. 

I am happier with our mercs to be honest. Let's fit some ramps, limit the size and see what Eric makes of the folding scooter idea. I bet he can't wait to buy one. 

52 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Unfortunately whilst these mobility scooters seem ideal, you will find some Erics and Ericas who won’t be happy, will have huge mobility scooters, and will deliberately set out to cause ructions, as whatever is done, they won’t be happy unless they win, to the detriment of a compromise. 

Tim Glover MHK says there is a budget to convert another 15 bus shelters for those with mobility issues. What’s the betting that certain constituency’s on the island will get an improved bus station at the expense of disabled travellers, in areas of greater disabled concentration. 

They won't win because you'll never get a proper mobility scooter on a bus will you?