Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

The tax payers should be getting a sincere apology for the continued mismanagement and waste of public funds of which this sorry saga is just a part !

Others have opined the Government are not fit for office, and I would certainly agree on a monetary basis, no they are not !

We will find out today just how Mr Cannan views his roll, either as a representative of the electorate and their interests, or as a human shield for the Government, Civil Service and it's malpractices !

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, quilp said:

What will today bring into the realm of Manx politics? Swift, concise action or slow, contrived apologetics?

All eyes/ears on Alf...

i've tried, but i can't get any body to accept a bet on the latter.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

It seems there's a lack of accountability for poor performance. The deckchairs just get rearranged. True leaders make the tough decisions. Also, if you employ the right people with the right work ethic in the first place it helps.

The current problems seem deep rooted. It needs someone to go in and make sweeping changes - I've seen it where I am and it's hard for employees initially, but it makes a massive difference to morale, productivity and overall performance. 

The current profligacy cannot go on.

The problem is that all these points have been apparent (and discussed) for at least the last ten years but Govt has continued to stagger from one embarrassment to the next without any care or accountability, merely a promise that, "lessons will be learned" on each occasion that it has been found wanting.

That an issue of this magnitude with its attendant ramifications has now arisen is going to be a litmus test for those who purport to govern this Island. Let us see how much fudge this generates.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

When is his statement? 

I need to get my coffee ready. 

The sitting begins at 10.30am on MR 1368mhz though no specific time given relating to when this particular item is being broadcast.

15 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Exactly it needs to happen. He clearly has no integrity at all. 

I think we can establish quite clearly that Ashford is a man of absolutely zero integrity but then again he is so deluded by his own public persona that he can’t possibly believe that he has anything he needs to resign for. He’s so far down his own NLP loop of self delusion there is literally no hope. 

• Like 1

Ashford hasn’t changed whatsoever, people were happy to vote him in again despite seeing how he handled the regular Covid meetings, including the letter shredding incident which was either ignored or forgotten about by the masses, so why the sudden shift in attitude towards him? It was fairly obvious he always did what he thought was right, regardless of anyone else’s opinion or how more qualified they might have been on the subject. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

when you say go do you mean as Treasury Minister or as an MHK?

I thought the poll was clear. I said should he go from Comin not should he be sacked as an MHK. I also said should the UK look into his MBE not that it should be taken from him. Ashford seems to have some strange supporters though who try to read other things into it.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It was fairly obvious he always did what he thought was right, regardless of anyone else’s opinion or how more qualified they might have been on the subject. 

clueless and arrogant then........................

• Thanks 4