Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

What was he world renowned experting on?

Apparently his belief that it is perfectly possible to to have a 'top government job' in the Manx Government without actually being on the Isle of Man.  Because that worked so well when he was in charge at the DHSC.  I suppose if you think the only skills required for these jobs are bullying and lying, he may well have a point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Apparently his belief that it is perfectly possible to to have a 'top government job' in the Manx Government without actually being on the Isle of Man.  Because that worked so well when he was in charge at the DHSC.  I suppose if you think the only skills required for these jobs are bullying and lying, he may well have a point. 

He still can't admit that he screwed up, can he?

The man is out of his depth.

And counter to the COMIN LOCATE policy (which presumably he endorsed when in government), even if it is a temporary/interim contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

One of the characteristics of respected professionals,   world experts and those with the most extensive  and detailed knowledge and experience in their profession will sometimes readily respond  to a question with, a straight forward, honest ,   “ I don’t know” if it is outside their area of experience or the facts aren’t to hand, or it is a topic  they have yet to  focus their thoughts  on.

A trait which does not seem to burden Mr Ashford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Indeed, I suppose if you are an actual qualified expert and get a top job in government, they can ignore and be dicks towards you whether you are actually on the Isle or not. 

It is interesting that in the interview he says that to get the “top notch candidate” ,.. their might need to be “ compromises in working conditions”

He has perhaps revealed the approach taken in candidate selection.

It would be interesting when faced with similarly qualified candidates  how the “Top Notchers” were selected,   as there is now a proven and consistent record of disastrous failure using this process.

I suspect these candidates were impressive by apparent confidence and self promotion backed  by extravagant claims of ability from a facade of personal dynamism. 

It also raises the depressing thought that rejected were some  very able  people who may not have dazzled  with  charisma,  but  would have just quietly and efficiently excelled - doing what we need of them -

doing their  bloody job..

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10