Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

20 hours ago, AOR said:

The Chief Minister thought he was wonderful, absolutely wonderful, and sat on the interviewing committee. Chief Minister is a powerful position.

I think that there is a standard panel for chief exec positions - departmental minister, head of public service commission and chief secretary.  On that panel, Mr Toad was health minister.  Still - two politicians on a panel of three means that mistakes may happen.

Edited by Boo Gay'n
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I think that there is standard panel for chief exec positions - departmental minister, head of public service commission and chief secretary.  On that panel, Mr Toad was health minister.  Still - two politicians on a panel of three means that mistakes may happen.

Thanks. 
Yes of course, it was as health Minister that he got all those stars in his eyes, and prior to becoming Chief Minister. One would have thought that that decision alone and all that went with it, would have be warning enough not to make him CM.

3 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I think that there is a standard panel for chief exec positions - departmental minister, head of public service commission and chief secretary.  On that panel, Mr Toad was health minister.  Still - two politicians on a panel of three means that mistakes may happen.

We actually know the story behind the Charters appointment because Robertshaw mentioned it in one of IOM TV specials after the Ranson decision.  The panel was himself (as head of CSC), the Minister (Quayle), the Chief Secretary (Greenhow) and someone from HR.  The other three were all mad keen for Charters and eventually he was outvoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

We actually know the story behind the Charters appointment because Robertshaw mentioned it in one of IOM TV specials after the Ranson decision.  The panel was himself (as head of CSC), the Minister (Quayle), the Chief Secretary (Greenhow) and someone from HR.  The other three were all mad keen for Charters and eventually he was outvoted.

Thanks for that Roger. I watched the Paul Moulton interview now. Robertshaw spoke well there.

Our politicians often say that you can't  change things from the outside (Philly Gawne was a good one for saying this) and so they go all native and join the Ministers Club. But it would appear very much to me that it is there where they get neutered and even more so, can't effect change. 

Edited by AOR
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Remarkable how often Chris Robertshaw, an MHK for 2 and a bit terms and a minister for some of it, is always nothing to do with something bad that happened. It is always someone else's fault. Happens all the time. 

him and rob have that in common.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Be interesting to know who the "someone" from HR was and how many other appointments they've been involved in. It might go some way to explaining a few things.

47 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Be interesting to know who the "someone" from HR was and how many other appointments they've been involved in. It might go some way to explaining a few things.

Almost certainly Jon Callister, head of the Office of Human Resources.

He and Will Greenhow were close personal friends of Mary Williams, and most people that I have ever talked to think that they got their jobs at the top as a result.  Callister, for example, was not an HR professional.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just out of interest, would anyone know the date for the next round of the Ranson hearing is, as awaiting for the sub judice excuse to run out see what walter Mitty  comes up with and just to bump it back up

It’s some time in September.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just out of interest, would anyone know the date for the next round of the Ranson hearing is, as awaiting for the sub judice excuse to run out see what walter Mitty  comes up with and just to bump it back up

30th, 31st August 2022 &

1st September 2022

Plenty of time to spin some shit, or I have said all I am going to on the matter and consider it closed. Even when he has not uttered  one word, no where near the point by point rebutel. Not a sausage.

Thank you for the timetable, waiting with bated breath for his resignation.  Yeah