Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

But he isn't actually saying anything of substance.

Please when you read the wise words of David Ashford

"So I believe this administration will for future generations be remembered for one of two things.Either what it did, or what it didn’t do." 

You can see what politicians can do when they apply themselves, this will inspire generations of manx politicians.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Please when you read the wise words of David Ashford

"So I believe this administration will for future generations be remembered for one of two things.Either what it did, or what it didn’t do." 

You can see what politicians can do when they apply themselves, this will inspire generations of manx politicians.

Did they do it on the beaches, etc?

ETA, has he got a mate who has four EVs?

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

IOM Newspapers seems to have a very disjointed website. It looks like the comments below this story on Ashford don’t tie up with the Ashford story but with another story elsewhere on house prices. When you click on the story it seems to take you completely to another story on the site. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/david-ashford-how-will-this-administration-be-judged-553553

That site has had problems for about 10 days now and I don’t think they’ve even noticed. You can click on a link on the front page and end up reading an entirely different story to the one you clicked on. Same with comments they often seem to link to the wrong stories. So you think you’re commenting on one story but it’s actually posted under another. IOM Newspapers online presence is simply embarrassing and woeful. 

12 hours ago, Holte End said:

Mr Ashford seems to be following the maxim of Oscar Wilde: There’s only one thing worse than being talked about; and that’s NOT being talked about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

That site has had problems for about 10 days now and I don’t think they’ve even noticed. You can click on a link on the front page and end up reading an entirely different story to the one you clicked on. Same with comments they often seem to link to the wrong stories. So you think you’re commenting on one story but it’s actually posted under another. IOM Newspapers online presence is simply embarrassing and woeful. 

It's had problems longer than that with recursive links and the like.  I don't think it's IOM Newspapers separately but Tindle in general though - other papers in the group seem to have the same website.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

IOM Newspapers seems to have a very disjointed website. It looks like the comments below this story on Ashford don’t tie up with the Ashford story but with another story elsewhere on house prices. When you click on the story it seems to take you completely to another story on the site. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/david-ashford-how-will-this-administration-be-judged-553553

The comments on it now are the ones that were on the 'visiting Canadians' story

Original comments concentrated much on Mr Ashford's naivety as politician - perhaps Tindle is trying to appease him for some reason

4 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

The comments on it now are the ones that were on the 'visiting Canadians' story

Original comments concentrated much on Mr Ashford's naivety as politician - perhaps Tindle is trying to appease him for some reason

I think Newsdesk might be right above. There seems to be something weird going on with the links and the code. I posted a comment before and it ended up under a totally different story.