Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Ashford only listens to one person, the voices in his head

Oh your doing great David. Winston would of been proud of you. It is a shame you were not able to share your wisdom and foresight with him. He would of been PM longer.

Sorry not a fan

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I actually like Claire Christian. Early days for sure but she seems to be aware of issues and prepared to act on them. Would listen to her before most of the others and definitely before Ashford . 

Excellent contribution by CC on MR Perspective prog this lunchtime

• Like 1

I have seen everything now, and it’s either hilarious or you end up pulling your hair out. Mr Squeaker has been on the NPM this afternoon complaining the new Ministers need training, to be a Minister and culture. He argues, that IOMG shouldn’t be afraid to spend money, to give politicos the tools to do the job. 

Well Mr Squeaker got some of the statement right, the politicos are certainly tools. Seriously has it come to this, Charlie Kerruish, Clare Christian and Donald Gelling didn’t need training, neither did Sir Miles Walker, yet Ashford has fucked things up and through his actions, this island is spending money, it can I’ll afford to train MHKs to be a Minister. 

7 minutes ago, Holte End said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/more-training-needed-for-ministers-says-hok-speaker/

I think they should be on a student grant, which should be eligible to be paid back from future earnings.

Will they be trained in being able to stand up to civil servants, and how not to let other public servants, take you out, encourage you to drink and then put you on the bus, where you promptly throw up!

You couldn’t make this up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Another stupid idea. They should work on attracting decent candidates in the first place, not training numpties once they get there. I doubt that's what they really want though.

Who...Joe Public? Cos Joe Public elects them.

Isn't it need though?  Surely it is training in the mechanics of being a Minister of a department so they are not baffled by billshit, who they can talk to, what to do if uncertain about the info being given to them, how the control processes work and so on.  He is right people don't get voted into public office with that knowledge inate, far less into a Ministerial role. 

It is a good move. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...