Will Greenhow announces his retirement

ManxFelicia

7 minutes ago, Frances said:

maybe he can do some academic research - suggested title "Government Secretary - Servant or Master: a study from Betram Sargeaunt to W Greenhow"

I shudder to think how much his pension will be if he lives to 101 like Sargeaunt did (I think he's only 57-58).  And like Williams did with him, a successor is already lined up and in the office to make sure the gravy train keeps rolling without any inconvenience.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

At least he has resigned unlike Ashford!! Must be unexpected as Caldric CEO of treasury is in charge on an interim basis not Lewin 

That will be because ALf and Caldric were lovers for a number of years in Treasury together 

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

I shudder to think how much his pension will be if he lives to 101 like Sargeaunt did (I think he's only 57-58).  And like Williams did with him, a successor is already lined up and in the office to make sure the gravy train keeps rolling without any inconvenience.

If he takes pension now he will suffer an actuarial reduction for every year before 65, he can’t take it out as IOMG stopped that a few years ago so unless he wants to take a big g hit he’ll have to live on savings or drive a bus for a few years!!

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

If he takes pension now he will suffer an actuarial reduction for every year before 65, he can’t take it out as IOMG stopped that a few years ago so unless he wants to take a big g hit he’ll have to live on savings or drive a bus for a few years!!

Or take up a directorship... Isn't that what one does at the appropriate juncture?