Will Greenhow announces his retirement

ManxFelicia

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Slight de-rail here, but really??  So one part of DESC can't afford to 'pay' another part of DESC.  No doubt leading to more subsidy having to go to the NEC from the Treasury.  So there will be no reduction in cost to the taxpayers, but their children now won't have swimming lessons.  Still some civil servant will be patting themself on the back over how much money they've 'saved'.

I know @Julie Edge (Onchan) is only too aware of how malfunctioning this Department has been, but this sort of attitude needs sorting out.

I guess more of the budget would s going to teachers in latest pay offer but lots of them are still working to rule severely impacting childrens education but they don’t give a toss!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-action-contributed-to-students-staying-home-says-minister/

• Like 1

A Thomas Sowell quote

"it is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong"

And we're reaping it now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

35 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

This job seems to come up with alarming regularity 

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk//iomgovjobs/DisplayJob.aspx?JobId=14700

Is this the appointment of one of the "Ministerial Advisors" now required to keep our Departmental heads in truthful and accurate information given the scarcity of it from those who are supposed to supply it?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this the appointment of one of the "Ministerial Advisors" now required to keep our Departmental heads in truthful and accurate information given the scarcity of it from those who are supposed to supply it?

Looks very secretarial.

Also, free gym classes?! Whose paying for that? Let me guess.....tax payers?

5 minutes ago, lethargy said:

How much do you think a professional secretary should earn? It's banded, so there's a minimum of 30k for the role too, not that 36k is a high salary. Do you think they shouldn't be entitled to a pension?

Actually looking at the JD  there is a lot to it and much of it self driven, drafting, coordinating etc. So, I would say it is a very fair remuneration, if not a little on the light side. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1