Will Greenhow announces his retirement

ManxFelicia

The one name that's not coming up here is Ashford's boss, Howard Quayle. This goes right to the heart of how the Island is governed/administered and although I doubt that Howard knew all the shenanigans, the CM should've known/been told that Ashford was in the shit and getting deeper. Whether he knew or not is a thread that needs to be unravelled if we're going to get to the bottom of this. This should only be the beginning.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Greenhow going is a very good result for the Island, the Civil Service and Alf Cannan. The CM has shown his mettle and he has earned some respect. Anybody who knew anything about the way the CS was run with Greenhow at the helm would recognise the petty, underhand and cliquey tendencies that governed it. The CS needs to restore truth, integrity, even handedness and competence as it’s guiding principles, with a willingness to embrace efficiency. If the CM can do that, he would have achieved a great deal. From what I understand, Mark Lewin is not of the Greenhow mould and would not be a bad appointment, subject to a proper open competition rather than the grooming that went on previously. 

• Like 6

Unfortunately...Greenhow will also have had his supporters and understudies. Let's hope that AC has recognised them and stands for no cronyist accessions and appointments.

5 hours ago, fredtosser said:

Interesting interim replacement.

Is it true that his son in now also Alf's Private Secretary ? 

Cant beat jobs for the boys. 

So what? Where I work there's a family and friends incentive payment if you recommend someone who is then successfully recruited. If they're capable of the job then why does it matter. Only proviso is that it does go via a proper interview process, it's not a given.........

1 minute ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

So what? Where I work there's a family and friends incentive payment if you recommend someone who is then successfully recruited. If they're capable of the job then why does it matter. Only proviso is that it does go via a proper interview process, it's not a given.........

Quite a few senior recruits in Isle of Man Government kinda missed out on the proviso..

4 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Living Hope?

Ha, no. Private sector. I just think the CS is always an easy target (understandable I suppose when we pay for it) but there are some genuine, hard working people there. You get the lazy hangers on wherever you work. What seems to be lacking is true leadership. Let's hope recent events are a long overdue wake-up call.

• Like 2

So hope Cannan realises with CSec going what a great opportunity he has to get IOMG back on track and take the chance to clear out others who need to be moved on. After his comments on DOI that would be a great place to start. Sadly if the suggestion of Callister to DoE is true thats not a good start . He's not up to it ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

So hope Cannan realises with CS going what a great opportunity he has to get IOMG. Back on track and take the chance to clear out others who need to be moved on. After his comments on DOI that would be a great place to start. Sadly if the suggestion of Callister to DoE is true thats not a good start . He's not up to it ! 

Yes, Callister not a great choice for DfE. But if Ashford goes, Allinson moves to Treasury, who else do you have? Lots of new members, or members without ministerial experience. Not that that's a bad thing I suppose but they need to be up to the job. May need a bit more of a reshuffle. 

The denizens of DfE offices must be rubbing their hands at the thought of Callister incoming.

Odds on;

The 500k visitors estimate in ten years time being revised up to 1 million?

Enough cruise ships forecast to more than justify the new cruise berth?

TT visitor estimates at over 100,000?

Bus and Heritage Rail user numbers going stratospheric?

No problem, Rob will love to announce all that....

• Haha 1