Battlefield 2

Squaddie

Got to say I`m loving this game.

I was always a fan of Battlefield 1942 and the improvements in this latest incarnation of Battlefield are great. The ability to command squads, deliver supplies, UAV and artillery is awesome.

The game plays real smooth for me and graphically I can`t fault it for this genre of games. If your system can handle it put all the settings to max and give this a whirl online. You`ll be drawn into a totally immersive and exhilerating experience.

I have always enjoyed the Second World War aspects of such games as Medal of Honour Allied Assault, Call of Duty, and Battlefield 1942, but have to say that Battlefield 2 although based in modern times and combat has got my full attention.

Spending a couple of evenings per week on Teamspeak with a good bunch of like-minded friends forming a cohesive and effective unit on the battlefield can be a real thrill. Spent many hours in fits of laughter at some of the antics, especially the airborne ones hehe.

Hope to shoot you soon

Squaddie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll stick to Counter Strike Source for now then, which is not only a fantastic game, it works properly as well.

only because it's had millions (well, 10+) updates since release

BF2 was my biggest waste of £30 since I bought what I thought was crack in Colours a few weeks back, only to find it was actually crumbled up flakes of Cornish Pastie.

ahahhahhhahhaa! :)

I'll stick to Counter Strike Source for now then, which is not only a fantastic game, it works properly as well.

I'm not a CS:S fan, but I think that this is one of the areas that Steam excels in. It rolls out patches when they're released, will also automatically rollback any bugged patches and generally just, works.

Observe the abolsute clusterf*ck that was the BF2 patch rollout and rollback and you'll see why Steam isn't such a bad thing.

Oh, and EA are complete bastards. I wouldn't rely on them to be still supporting BF2 in three years.

I agree with you Squaddie, BF2 has gotta be game of the year.

I dunno what bugs people are talking about but theres nothing in there thats stopping me enjoying the game.

Only slight downer is the length of time to get from Corporal to Sergent so I can get a new gun.

CS was a good game about 20 years ago!

IMO it's miles outdated now even with the updated HL2 version.

Oh, and EA are complete bastards. I wouldn't rely on them to be still supporting BF2 in three years.

1942 released in Sept 2002. Last Community update Feb 05.

2.5 years so not bad.

EA maybe toolends but DICE arent.

Archived