Battlefield 2

Squaddie

go on a ranked server for starters.. the level of play is much higher. On top of that, get into a squad straight away! Spawn by your squad leader and work together! Most of the time the rest of your squad are with your squad leader too, so take a look at what classes they are and what you could go to help out (no point in having 4 medics and 2 spec ops in 1 team is there?).

Also, if you wanna learn to fly pretty well and you have a spare PS2 controller then pop into game and get a USB to Playstaion 2 controller convertor and you can use the PS2 pad as your joystick. I have Left analogue as pivot, X as accelerate, Square as decelerate, Circle as Flares(Missle Counter Measures), Triangle as afterburner, R2 and L2 as rudders, R1 and L1 as fire. Works fine for me!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup Ive been on ranked servers so far, but need to figure out how to get into a squad and that side of things.

I can fly the helicopters OK thanks to time spent playing DC, but the airplanes seem really hard.. will get some practice in on a single player game!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a few of us who play a couple of nights per week in a squad (usually > 21:00). We use Teamspeak and play on the Multiplay servers. If anybodies interested in joining in let me know and I'll give you the details.

For a bit of combat practice ( although pretty unrealistic), I am currently playing single player player maps with 64 soldiers on it.

(Think I changed a config file somewhere)

It removes the subtlety from play but you can run over 4/5 people in one go woooo

getting a tank is more of a prob though

• 2 years later...

Archived