Another one bites the dust

Bandits

1 minute ago, Nellie said:

I'm sure that their are aspects I haven't covered and I am not simply going down the 'it works in Jersey' route, but what I am saying is that there are ways they could provide a good service without the IOMG providing it directly, which we are now seeing, does not work and costs a fortune.

I know how it works in other islands but it would never work here to be fair. You simply couldn’t create a situation where civil servants would keep their noses out of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Just saying:

Hundreds of buses cancelled in Guernsey as staff shortages hit services

While in Jersey they are asking for the PSV age limit to be reduced to 18, they are so short of drivers.

There are structural problems in a lot of places caused by demographics and Brexit.  But diverting attention into reorganising everything yet again won't work.  As w saw with the DHSC/Manx Care split.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nellie said:

here are incentives for growing passenger numbers, revenue, punctuality and penalties for lost mileage, and poor service. 

Sounds like a good reason not to take on the Islands services???

10 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Just saying:

Hundreds of buses cancelled in Guernsey as staff shortages hit services

While in Jersey they are asking for the PSV age limit to be reduced to 18, they are so short of drivers.

There are structural problems in a lot of places caused by demographics and Brexit.  But diverting attention into reorganising everything yet again won't work.  As w saw with the DHSC/Manx Care split.

maybe ashie could drive a bus if they need short drivers ?