Another one bites the dust

Bandits

2 minutes ago, KERED said:
8 minutes ago, forestboy said:

With a great pension. 

(. . .  . and a massive Golden Parachute!)

I wouldn't bet on either - at least not from here. Though she will have built up a big enough pension pot from previous jobs anyway.  There was enough embarrassing and potentially worse in the Decision to make a retirement inevitable so as to avoid possible disciplinary action.  Whether she had enough self-awareness to see this at first is another matter.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wouldn't bet on either - at least not from here. Though she will have built up a big enough pension pot from previous jobs anyway.  There was enough embarrassing and potentially worse in the Decision to make a retirement inevitable so as to avoid possible disciplinary action.  Whether she had enough self-awareness to see this at first is another matter.

It says she has resigned with immediate effect and now intends to retire

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/director-of-public-health-leaves-role/

That’s two separate processes. She hasn’t retired from her position as presumably that would involve her working out her notice and having some sort of retirement settlement (ie, pension commencement process). She has just resigned with immediate effect and now seems to be exploring her retirement options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Can we start with sacking whoever edited that video.  If you're trying to make a serious set of points it. does. not. need. to. be. cut. every. other. second.

At first I thought I was watching a spoof video. But anyway, it seems that all the problems can be solved by providing more training for staff. Nothing to do with Randall and other senior persons not knowing what is going on.

And, by the way, a gentleman does not wear a tie with a short-sleeved shirt. He was clearly making a statement by not wearing a jacket, but I don't know what it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

At first I thought I was watching a spoof video. But anyway, it seems that all the problems can be solved by providing more training for staff. Nothing to do with Randall and other senior persons not knowing what is going on.

And, by the way, a gentleman does not wear a tie with a short-sleeved shirt. He was clearly making a statement by not wearing a jacket, but I don't know what it was.

It's a start and the first step in changing a culture has to be encouraging people to speak out?   But he's right, there are a lot of conscientious and able people in government, particularly down the levels, and it is important for those people not to feel tainted by all this but empowered. They have been severely let down by the leadership, they need to be looked after. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3