Another one bites the dust

Bandits

18 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

At first I thought I was watching a spoof video. But anyway, it seems that all the problems can be solved by providing more training for staff. Nothing to do with Randall and other senior persons not knowing what is going on.

And, by the way, a gentleman does not wear a tie with a short-sleeved shirt. He was clearly making a statement by not wearing a jacket, but I don't know what it was.

I wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie and I can assure you I am a gentleman... Of sorts!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Kopek said:

They may have left it a bit late to start defending the 'Good 'uns' now? It certainly needs to be said but now, it just looks like a PR exercise?

So, left it late so not worth bothering? 

Of course it is a PR (or HR) exercise, but it needs to be done. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4

Too soon! There is so much bad publicity arising that this praise for the good people will be brushed aside, lost in the maelstrom of resignations of the bad uns!

Better to have waited awhile, let bad publicity subside and then raise the case of the many who do a good job?

It's too CS speak for speakings case.

Just now, Kopek said:

Too soon! There is so much bad publicity arising that this praise for the good people will be brushed aside, lost in the maelstrom of resignations of the bad uns!

Better to have waited awhile, let bad publicity subside and then raise the case of the many who do a good job?

But it is not an external presentation, it is internal and it needs to be done now.  The good people need good, compassionate and supportive leadership right now.  Most important in the list is leadership. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manx Bean said:

One thought. Had the Fat Controller still been in power now - would he also be looking to retire with immediate effect I wonder? 

If Quayle was still CM, he'd be blustering away still and Greenhow and the rest would still be in place.  Whether it would stay like that or the Keys would decide to throw him out I don't know, the old one probably wouldn't, the new one probably would (assuming only 13 votes needed).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

But it is not an external presentation, it is internal and it needs to be done now.  The good people need good, compassionate and supportive leadership right now.  Most important in the list is leadership. 

Firm but fair leadership.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

No it needed to be done now.  The Ranson case was about whistleblowing and the refusal of politicians and other senior civil servants to listen to those whistles. 

While Randall showing his face round the Departments is all very well, I would say they need to set something up quickly to act as a go-to place for those with concerns to get advice.  Something completely confidential but fairly informal - people shouldn't need to think they have to make a formal complaint, just that they will be listened to and the information used to improve methods of working and communicating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2