Another one bites the dust

Bandits

7 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Rob Callister seems to think so 

5BA0B03B-2EC6-4FB2-8B23-19080D287F67.jpeg

We'll lob that in the same file as his fawning over Ashford. And his glowing appraisals of the Louis Group.

Plus another one...

Rob Callister MHK for Onchan

2m  · 

NEWS RELEASE - 24 May 2022

Chief Executive of Department of Health and Social Care stands down

After 24 years of service, Karen Malone has decided to resign from Isle of Man Government with immediate effect. Karen is currently the Chief Executive of the Department of Health and Social Care, a post she has held since January 2022.

Karen had previously served in roles with a number of public bodies including the former Manx Electricity Authority and Manx National Heritage, before becoming the Programme Director for Treasury in 2017 and then joining the Department of Health and Social Care,

Karen explained: ‘While I have enjoyed working in the public sector for more than 20 years, an opportunity has presented itself which will enable me to pursue personal interests. I sincerely thank all those who have provided me with support, encouragement and development opportunities during my career with the public service.’

Caldric Randall, Interim Chief Secretary, said: ‘I would like to thank Karen for her dedication and hard work not only within the Department but during her public service career. I wish her well in her future endeavours.’

Stuart Quayle, the current Chief Registrar, will assume the role of Interim Chief Executive of the Department of Health and Social Care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just need this this ongoing clearout to spread to the DOI . Lots of scope for culling there TBH . Longworth needs to go along with Jeff Robinson along with many more . DOI though seem bullet proof . Apart from Black and even he is still on there payroll driving buses from time to time.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Plus another one...

2m  · 

After 24 years of service, Karen Malone has decided to resign from Isle of Man Government with immediate effect. Karen is currently the Chief Executive of the Department of Health and Social Care, a post she has held since January 2022.

Karen had previously served in roles with a number of public bodies including the former Manx Electricity Authority and Manx National Heritage, before becoming the Programme Director for Treasury in 2017 and then joining the Department of Health and Social Care,

Karen explained: ‘While I have enjoyed working in the public sector for more than 20 years, an opportunity has presented itself which will enable me to pursue personal interests. I sincerely thank all those who have provided me with support, encouragement and development opportunities during my career with the public service.’

Caldric Randall, Interim Chief Secretary, said: ‘I would like to thank Karen for her dedication and hard work not only within the Department but during her public service career. I wish her well in her future endeavours.’

Stuart Quayle, the current Chief Registrar, will assume the role of Interim Chief Executive of the Department of Health and Social Care.

Stuart Quayle is an excellent choice & 1 if the most competent senior civil servants 

DfE and DHSC are taking the brunt of this at the moment. 

As has been said it needs to spread to DOI... although if rumours are to be believed there could be a wholesale carve up of DOI about to take place this summer.... so we shall see. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Plus another one...

2m  · 

Maybe we should change the thread title to “House of cards”?

• Haha 2