Another one bites the dust

Bandits

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

You can't just have people 'resign' on the spot unless there is evidence of gross misconduct, can you? It seems like some sort of damming evidence has come to light and the guilty parties have resigned one by one as they realise their positions are untenable. 

Well of course that’s likely to be correct. People generally only sign resignation letters when all other options have been exhausted. Especially given the way our IOM Government HR dept are usually total pushovers where you get some shoddy case to go to tribunal to be defended by incompetents and end up with a secret payout and your pension enhanced. So you have to assume that to solicit a resignation ‘forthwith’ which effectively waives most rights to anything and you leave immediately without gardening leave someone has had the ‘you’re totally fucked’ conversation with them before hand. They may even have been handed a pre drafted resignation letter to sign. But either way to take that action they know they’re fucked and resignation is now the only option. 

Anybody who read the Dr Ranson Tribunal decision would immediately have realised that Dr Ewart was living on borrowed time.  The only person more heavily and more directly criticised in the decision than she was Mrs Magson - and she'd already scarpered out of touch and out of range!

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

Well of course that’s likely to be correct. People generally only sign resignation letters when all other options have been exhausted. Especially given the way our IOM Government HR dept are usually total pushovers where you get some shoddy case to go to tribunal to be defended by incompetents and end up with a secret payout and your pension enhanced. So you have to assume that to solicit a resignation ‘forthwith’ which effectively waives most rights to anything and you leave immediately without gardening leave someone has had the ‘you’re totally fucked’ conversation with them before hand. They may even have been handed a pre drafted resignation letter to sign. But either way to take that action they know they’re fucked and resignation is now the only option. 

Alf Cannan essentially told Paul Moulton they gave WG a pre-written letter.

11 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Can we start with sacking whoever edited that video.  If you're trying to make a serious set of points it. does. not. need. to. be. cut. every. other. second.

It would have been interesting if there’d been a clock visible in the background. I imagine it would have been flicking back and forth as individual phrases were recorded and re-recorded before all the ‘good takes’ were spliced together. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It would have been interesting if there’d been a clock visible in the background. I imagine it would have been flicking back and forth as individual phrases were recorded and re-recorded before all the ‘good takes’ were spliced together. 

It would only have been half as bad if the cuts weren't between a zoomed in view and a normal view.

• Like 1

Let’s not forget that, although the bullying of Dr Ranson was disgraceful and very indicative of the moral dereliction at the top of Government, over and above that was the falsification of documents to the Tribunal. This matter has yet to be fully explored and subject to public scrutiny but I would expect that an internal assessment has taken place. 
Falsifying documents to a legal body, by Government,  strikes at the very heart of the legitimacy, morality and principles of Government and would raise serious questions about the ability of the Island to govern itself. I have no doubt that this round of resignations and retirements is a push to clear out all those in senior roles that are or could be implicated in this illegal and unprincipled act, before any enquiry takes place. There will be those that were involved in the alleged falsification and those that would have known that the document was false but said nothing. The broom will have to be wide and wielded with the intention of performing a proper clear out if the reputation of the IOM Government is going to be protected. 

• Like 12

Ransongate throws a blanket of suspicion over other departmental refutations of allegations made against them. The possible copyright infingements on the software developed for the path lab; Ashford's burble and brouhaha when those allegations came about was less than convincing, as were statements made before and after the PAC inquiry over Glovergate. We eagerly awaited the "point-by-point rebuttal(s)" yet came there none. Instead, and eventually, we were left with "I've said all I've got to say on this matter and will say no more" - his effusively arrogant refusals to answer questions thereafter, delivered with the usual, 'how-very-dare-you' passive-aggressive inflection. A widely-adopted tactic cynically utilised by himself, Quayle and Ewart during the covid press-briefings when dealing with Moulton's continuing 'impertinence' for instance. All of whom it appears, heavily reliant on the direction of Magson.

And now there's suspicion of possible criminal enterprise; forgery, fraud, collusion and whatever else may be revealed.

Quintessential Quayle, quiet as a mouse. A figure central in the circle of influence at the time now appears to have no comment.

"no comment" - a response which may be used with greater frequency if allegations of criminality are to be followed-up... 

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, quilp said:

Quintessential Quayle, quiet as a mouse. A figure central in the circle of influence at the time now appears to have no comment.

"no comment" - a response which may be used with greater frequency if allegations of criminality are to be followed-up... 

Hes in good company with everyone else though 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/parents-speak-out-after-the-death-of-luke-21-at-crossing-548201

“Both Mr and Mrs Perry were disappointed they had not received an apology from the DoI following Mr McNicholas’s death. ‘Not even an apology, just our lives broken and battered,’ Mrs Perry said.”

Nobody in this government apologizes for anything. This piece of crap governemt and it’s lying scheming officers need to be dealt with. We’re all waiting Alf. So don't go stopping now. It’s only 5 down so far. 

• Like 6

Ex CM Quayle will probably be ensconced in his house living like a hermit I would imagine,, keeping quiet. If he opens his mouth he runs the risk of reopening possible allegations and people with scores to settle.

6 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Hes in good company with everyone else though 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/parents-speak-out-after-the-death-of-luke-21-at-crossing-548201

“Both Mr and Mrs Perry were disappointed they had not received an apology from the DoI following Mr McNicholas’s death. ‘Not even an apology, just our lives broken and battered,’ Mrs Perry said.”

Nobody in this government apologizes for anything. This piece of crap governemt and it’s lying scheming officers need to be dealt with. We’re all waiting Alf. So don't go stopping now. It’s only 5 down so far. 

They have a they are right and everyone else is wrong attitude.

If you look at the Baldric (I’ve got a cunning plan) video, he on IOMG behalf, blames social media. You can clearly see the animosity IOMG have for social media, and I could see them introducing legislation if they thought they could. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Good points joebean. If government have concluded that the documents were forged and then 'allowed' those involved to retire rather than face legal action, they open a whole new can of worms.

The AG's Chambers provides the advice to the IOMG on 'legal matters'...

23 minutes ago, 2112 said:

They have a they are right and everyone else is wrong attitude.

If you look at the Baldric (I’ve got a cunning plan) video, he on IOMG behalf, blames social media. You can clearly see the animosity IOMG have for social media, and I could see them introducing legislation if they thought they could. 

Very concerning affront to democracy...

51 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ransongate throws a blanket of suspicion over other departmental refutations of allegations made against them. The possible copyright infingements on the software developed for the path lab; Ashford's burble and brouhaha when those allegations came about was less than convincing, as were statements made before and after the PAC inquiry over Glovergate. We eagerly awaited the "point-by-point rebuttal(s)" yet came there none. Instead, and eventually, we were left with "I've said all I've got to say on this matter and will say no more" - his effusively arrogant refusals to answer questions thereafter, delivered with the usual, 'how-very-dare-you' passive-aggressive inflection. A widely-adopted tactic cynically utilised by himself, Quayle and Ewart during the covid press-briefings when dealing with Moulton's continuing 'impertinence' for instance. All of whom it appears, heavily reliant on the direction of Magson.

And now there's suspicion of possible criminal enterprise; forgery, fraud, collusion and whatever else may be revealed.

I might be wrong but I suspect Doctor Ashford may be feeling pissed off that his former boss has not spoken out to defend him. Manx politics really is a game of dog-eat-dog, isn't it?

• Thanks 1