Another one bites the dust

Bandits

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

In isolation the phone wiping may seem to be an accident, but in case where evidence has been concocted or not presented at all it's rather suspicious.

GTS would not act unless asked, so there will be a record of how and why the phone was wiped.  Whether anyone asks to see it is another matter.

It depends. I’ve seen a live case outside of government where an order was given to wipe phones at 6 o’clock. This was done on the basis that the exit interviews were all being done at close of business (5’o’clock) so by the time it was all done and dusted the phones would be wiped. But the IT people did it at 6 AM in the morning instead prompting a few people to report issues with contacting customers at 9:00 then wonder what was going on. You’ll probably find this isn’t a million miles away from that sort of situation. Someone just pressed the button too soon. 

4 hours ago, quilp said:

Oh the blessed gifts to come! 😇😬

Yes plenty more to come before they screw the lid back down. Who employed Magson ? How much was her tax-free secondment ? Was there even a contract ? Has anyone seen it ? Does it still exist or has it been shredded ?

Lots of undignified exits from our tin-pot republic this week; with no apologies, no explanation and no lessons learnt. Just a wheelbarrow waiting at the back door, a taxi to the airport, and a big pension for the rest of their days. Ashford's self-serving resignation speech was all about him (I've just watched it) and it did him no favours. To finish on a Churchill quote was a real tea-spitter. The President should've asked him to resume his seat long before the peroration.

• Like 9

Chris Robertshaw makes an interesting point in one of those episodes about Charters' appointment. Apparently he warned them at the interview process that the guy was patently unsuitable. But the decision was made and we know the rest. We didn't learn from that either.

Did we ever find out the story (I certainly didn't) of what happened or is that still under IOM sub-judice too ? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Chris Robertshaw makes an interesting point in one of those episodes about Charters' appointment. Apparently he warned them at the interview process that the guy was patently unsuitable. But the decision was made and we know the rest. We didn't learn from that either.

Did we ever find out the story (I certainly didn't) of what happened or is that still under IOM sub-judice too ? 

Do you really think the GMP will ever get the truth to these little myths and mysteries? It’s like the XFiles but with no Mulder and Scully to get to the truth?

• Like 2

It took an outsider with a powerful torch (Q.C.) to clean the stable on this. It didn't happen from within. Couldn't have. Now five top execs and a minister have gone. That's how deep it goes - think about that - and there could be more. That's a high bodycount for one department and this sort of thing goes on across the whole public sector. Just the tip of the iceberg as others have said...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yes plenty more to come before they screw the lid back down. Who employed Magson ? How much was her tax-free secondment ? Was there even a contract ? Has anyone seen it ? Does it still exist or has it been shredded ?

Lots of undignified exits from our tin-pot republic this week; with no apologies, no explanation and no lessons learnt. Just a wheelbarrow waiting at the back door, a taxi to the airport, and a big pension for the rest of their days. Ashford's self-serving resignation speech was all about him (I've just watched it) and it did him no favours. To finish on a Churchill quote was a real tea-spitter. The President should've asked him to resume his seat long before the peroration.

You are right, also a complete crock of shit. I can’t imagine any decent and experienced local government civil service bod wanting to locate.im and well and truly jump into the fire. So that just leaves promoting the deputies, but in this situation, I would reckon that a clean break is required, with new brooms. Meanwhile El Presidente is somewhat useless, and is suited to #clubtynwald, is hardly going to upset people. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Meanwhile El Presidente is somewhat useless, and is suited to #clubtynwald, is hardly going to upset people. 

Precisely why he was put in the job, having proved it beyond all doubt at DfE.