Another one bites the dust

Bandits

22 minutes ago, Bandits said:

You could be right there. Randall seems to be more in the mould of a Chief Sec than Lewin who is more laid back.  Don’t think he’s had much success at the DfE but then again I don’t think anyone else would have either. On that basis he was probably the best person for the job and he seems to know a lot of it is basically bollocks managing incompetents. The department needs to go. It would be a shame if he was off because his nose was put out of joint. 

If he's the guy who created the agencies then I have no sympathy with his 'plight'.

I'm sure his 6 figure salary will cushion the blow.

41 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I agree with you to be honest. But I think he's fed up.

It's widely known Will was grooming him for Chief Sec and an already disgruntled Lewin has now had his nose disjointed even further I think.

Time will tell on this one. He'd add lots of value to someone else in the private sector I'm sure.

That would be my observation too.  Greenhow appears to have wanted to do what Mary Williams did – get personal friends shooed in to key positions before going.  In her case it was Greenhow himself, who carried her bag for a year before sliding smoothly into place with the nod from Uncle Tone – and the little known but immensely powerful head of HR, Jon Callister.  Greenhow’s plan, it appears to me, was to follow the same plan with Mark Lewin and Clare Porter/Conie.

Without Greenhow to pull the strings, the house of cards has fallen down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

and the little known but immensely powerful head of HR, Jon Callister.  Greenhow’s plan, it appears to me, was to follow the same plan with Mark Lewin and Clare Porter/Conie.

I find it hard to believe Conie got the bullet instead of Callister. Or not both. 

Just now, Boo Gay'n said:

That would be my observation too.  Greenhow appears to have wanted to do what Mary Williams did – get personal friends shooed in to key positions before going.  In her case it was Greenhow himself, who carried her bag for a year before sliding smoothly into place with the nod from Uncle Tone – and the little known but immensely powerful head of HR, Jon Callister.  Greenhow’s plan, it appears to me, was to follow the same plan with Mark Lewin and Clare Porter/Conie.

If you are right, then there really is change afoot.

Like any cultural change, it won't happen overnight and, I suppose, you would expect some temporary postings to get the momentum going.  The main thing is that the change encompasses every level, and that support is given to those further down the pecking order.

There are many good people in the CS, let's hope they get what they need to feel valued, heard and part of a functional organisation. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bandits said:

You could be right there. Randall seems to be more in the mould of a Chief Sec than Lewin who is more laid back.  Don’t think he’s had much success at the DfE but then again I don’t think anyone else would have either. On that basis he was probably the best person for the job and he seems to know a lot of it is basically bollocks managing incompetents. The department needs to go. It would be a shame if he was off because his nose was put out of joint. 

At this point though, Randall is simply the man who clears up the bodies after the Tarantino shoot-out.  It will take time to see if he is a leader who people respect and follow.

• 2 weeks later...