Another one bites the dust

Bandits

3 minutes ago, skins said:

The Director of Transport Services, Ian Longworth, has today announced his intention to retire as he has now reached the traditional retirement age. 

https://www.gov.im/news/2022/jun/14/director-of-transport-services-ian-longworth-to-retire/

The Alf Cannan Clear Out continues... this week it's the turn of DOI and there will be another couple of big names... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skins said:

The Director of Transport Services, Ian Longworth, has today announced his intention to retire as he has now reached the traditional retirement age. 

https://www.gov.im/news/2022/jun/14/director-of-transport-services-ian-longworth-to-retire/

"During his tenure bus passengers have significantly increased and have bounced back now to pre-Covid levels. "

Passenger numbers returning to the same levels they were after a lockdown, before a lockdown occurred. Genius.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, skins said:

It’s a shame they have allowed him to retire (again). There was a real appetite to thrown him out on his arse I believe. 

• Like 5

Might be a good time to re-submit the FOI looking at the tram crash last summer. 

ETA

Did we ever get answers from this video that the DOI were supposedly investigating

To be fair to Longworth he was accurate this year with ‘We’re the home of the TT races, Five to eight people kill themselves’

Edited by 0bserver
  • Thanks 2

Could anyone please put a rough figure on just how much this one individual has cost the taxpayer ? Capital expenditure and future liabilities on new fleets of buses, rolling stock, ticketing systems, restructuring; plus salary, pension etc; for the time he's held the post. I'll have a handkerchief ready...

• Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Who actually writes this shit?

Actually given the usual fulsome[1] praise trotted out on such occasions, I thought the announcement was rather terse.  It's also untrue because rather than it being that "He returned to work full time during Covid" he was actually back in charge in January 2020, when Covid was still a distant rumour Ewart was telling us not to worry about.

Though as I pointed out to those calling for DoI heads a fortnight ago, "with the TT behind us now is the right time for him to step down". 

[1]  And yes I do know what 'fulsome' really means, rather than its debased modern usage to mean 'a lot of'.

• Like 2