Another one bites the dust

Bandits

Unpopular opinion giving what I’ve read here so far but it’s a shame to see Richard Lole go in this way, in my dealings with him he was approachable, had enthusiasm for the job which certainly made a refreshing change, unfortunately some rather nasty individuals felt they had him in their pocket, played him like a fiddle and sold him down the river (IMO of course) DOI/DEFA is like a nest of Vipers and I feel bad for anyone trying to sort that mess out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

played him like a fiddle and sold him down the river (IMO of course) DOI/DEFA is like a nest of Vipers and I feel bad for anyone trying to sort that mess out.

I think you might find that he sold himself down Peel Harbour. That was the only river involved. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Seems that The Untouchables are finally waking up to the fact that they are indeed responsible for their actions or inactions. I'm sure there'll be more but we probably won't know or read about them.

They're not being held responsible though are they. Allowed to resign in order to keep all the dosh being thrown at them

• Like 4

11 hours ago, english zloty said:

Rewarded for incompetence. What's not to like. 

Unless you can prove gross incompetence at a tribunal & have followed all laid down procedures eg verbal & written warnings etc then it’s impossible to just dismiss anyone even in private sector 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Banker said:

Unless you can prove gross incompetence at a tribunal & have followed all laid down procedures eg verbal & written warnings etc then it’s impossible to just dismiss anyone even in private sector 

There are barely any documented procedures or processes in government 

4 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Well that's complete bollocks.  Plus, there is an interesting document called the Employment Act.

It’s not bollocks. I worked in Government. Induction?…nope. And from friends still employed, new starters barely get one now. Appraisals, or PDR’s? Nope. You come in, someone spends an hour or two showing you where things are and then off you go. There is no guidance notes, or ‘documented’ processes on what to do with anything. Yes there’s certain policies and acts that are corporately driven by HR, but I’m talking documented processes, procedures, etc. wouldn’t surprise me if there were no documented risk assessments for a lot of front line workers. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SpunkCookie said:

It’s not bollocks. I worked in Government. Induction?…nope. And from friends still employed, new starters barely get one now. Appraisals, or PDR’s? Nope. You come in, someone spends an hour or two showing you where things are and then off you go. There is no guidance notes, or ‘documented’ processes on what to do with anything. Yes there’s certain policies and acts that are corporately driven by HR, but I’m talking documented processes, procedures, etc. wouldn’t surprise me if there were no documented risk assessments for a lot of front line workers. 

Thus is accurate.

I guess the Police will be looking to get rid of the Merc vans that  were forced on them , and are so low  the prisoners bang  their heads when getting into them ,  they used to buy Ford vans and government had a special deal with the UK MOD and home office where police vehicles were bought in bulk at discounted prices , 

apparently  a certain person  with links to a german manufacturer ,managed to stop all this ,   it will be interesting to see if a day of  enlightenment will come and the damage this guy has caused ,  and the cost to the taxpayer will be fully realised 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SpunkCookie said:

Investors In People..... My Arse!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Omobono said:

I guess the Police will be looking to get rid of the Merc vans that  were forced on them , and are so low  the prisoners bang  their heads when getting into them ,  they used to buy Ford vans and government had a special deal with the UK MOD and home office where police vehicles were bought in bulk at discounted prices , 

apparently  a certain person  with links to a german manufacturer ,managed to stop all this ,   it will be interesting to see if a day of  enlightenment will come and the damage this guy has caused ,  and the cost to the taxpayer will be fully realised 

Hopefully before he gets a penny from his pension or golden handshake