Another one bites the dust

Bandits

15 hours ago, SpunkCookie said:

It’s not bollocks. I worked in Government. Induction?…nope. And from friends still employed, new starters barely get one now. Appraisals, or PDR’s? Nope. You come in, someone spends an hour or two showing you where things are and then off you go. There is no guidance notes, or ‘documented’ processes on what to do with anything. Yes there’s certain policies and acts that are corporately driven by HR, but I’m talking documented processes, procedures, etc. wouldn’t surprise me if there were no documented risk assessments for a lot of front line workers. 

There’s certainly documented HR processes to do with performance etc whether anyone knows where they are is another matter!!

If IOMG tried to dismiss someone without following procedures you can guarantee either the individual or their lawyers would point this out at a tribunal 

7 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s certainly documented HR processes to do with performance etc whether anyone knows where they are is another matter!!

If IOMG tried to dismiss someone without following procedures you can guarantee either the individual or their lawyers would point this out at a tribunal 

But what’s the highest possible payout for winning a tribunal? I’ve no idea, but you’d think there’d be a cap. 100k? 2 years salary? Etc etc. 

I notice the new HR Director is the lady from Manx Industrial Relations, so I’m sure she’ll be advising Alf on that very topic. 
If they’re offering all these officers more than what they’d get at a tribunal just to leave and sign an NDA. 

I’m surprised out of all these who are leaving that none of them have publicly stated why, other than the usual blab about retiring. 

1 hour ago, SpunkCookie said:

But what’s the highest possible payout for winning a tribunal? I’ve no idea, but you’d think there’d be a cap. 100k? 2 years salary? Etc etc. 

I notice the new HR Director is the lady from Manx Industrial Relations, so I’m sure she’ll be advising Alf on that very topic. 
If they’re offering all these officers more than what they’d get at a tribunal just to leave and sign an NDA. 

I’m surprised out of all these who are leaving that none of them have publicly stated why, other than the usual blab about retiring. 

There is a cap around £40k, IIRC, except where the unfair dismissal is arising from whistleblowing where there  is no cap.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kopek said:

The problem with NDAs is that they be covering up something that we, the public should be aware of???

I think we have a problem with nda's on this island, full stop. They seem to be far too prevalent.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Omobono said:

apparently  a certain person  with links to a german manufacturer ,managed to stop all this ,   it will be interesting to see if a day of  enlightenment will come and the damage this guy has caused ,  and the cost to the taxpayer will be fully realised 

The same stunt was reputedly attempted with the MUA who have long had Iveco vehicles. However, they dug their heels in and retained the status quo. At which point a dummy was spat and "We're having nothing to do with them or their maintenance then" was uttered.

A great pity that a lot more heels, over a lot more subjects, couldn't have been dug in too.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Omobono said:

apparently  a certain person  with links to a german manufacturer ,managed to stop all this ,   it will be interesting to see if a day of  enlightenment will come and the damage this guy has caused ,  and the cost to the taxpayer will be fully realised 

He apparently also tried to bully the fire brigade into buying Mercedes replacements and after a long campaign of bullying was summarily told to fuck off. There is only one word for it and it begins with an F. 

26 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

No matter what anyone could turn up he'll get his gold plated pension as he's 'entitled' to it.

Well if anyone was involved in criminal activity which involved IOMG or a private company paying out to cover losses then a claim can be made against assets including pension 

1 hour ago, Newsdesk said:

He apparently also tried to bully the fire brigade into buying Mercedes replacements and after a long campaign of bullying was summarily told to fuck off. There is only one word for it and it begins with an F. 

That’s his standard MO though usually followed by the threat that they won’t service or support the fleet if non Mercedes products are purchased. Which I’m sure was a pointless threat to the fire brigade as who is going to be bare faced enough to say they won’t support life saving emergency equipment as it’s not within their financial interest to do so?

The guy is a bully so who should have been pedaled out the door years ago. 

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

That’s his standard MO though usually followed by the threat that they won’t service or support the fleet if non Mercedes products are purchased. Which I’m sure was a pointless threat to the fire brigade as who is going to be bare faced enough to say they won’t support life saving emergency equipment as it’s not within their financial interest to do so?

Similar situation a few years back with the Government's IT procurement and their 'preferred' supplier, who just happened to be extortionately more expensive than other local suppliers.  

22 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Which I’m sure was a pointless threat to the fire brigade as who is going to be bare faced enough to say they won’t support life saving emergency equipment as it’s not within their financial interest to do so.

Oh I believe that actual threat was made which was when he was finally told to do one officially. He literally threatened not to service vital front line emergency equipment because they wouldn’t buy what they were being told to buy. The man was an insane bully who would even sink that low in order to get his way. The sooner the procurement contracts around our fleet buying are looked into the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The other way of viewing the vehicle procurement is that it was being done piecemeal, expensively and with little thought for how maintenance would be done. Having fleets procured from one manufacturer gave IoM government more buying power and efficiency in maintenance and safety checks. 

a few years ago individual departments would send out an EO with a Purchase Order to buy a van when needed, there were few if any records kept of maintenance and they were driven till trashed. 

fair enough that had improved, but given scale of government purchase you’d expect there to be a fleet manager and synergies in maintenance.   Maybe it went too far. But the principle was sound. 

on the general topic of Government, the CEOs at the top had gone rogue.  There had been so many dirty deals and secrets done it had to be cleared out. 

it would be a useful exercise for someone in Tynwald to ask  a question regarding the numbers  and type of vehicles either in government ownership  or leased over the last 5  years ,    who maintained them and what the policy was for vehicle replacement , 

I bet you will get a shock , there are vehicles owned by government that  hardly turn a wheel  and really departmental ownership can not be justified , same goes for the millions of pounds worth of plant and equipment lying at  the depot in Crosby Glen Duff   and elsewhere around the island  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1