Another one bites the dust

Bandits

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

She had been in the job for only a few months, but she is responsible.

Nevertheless, her resignation statement is more honest than the others so far.

The Ranson Decision shows her collaborating with Magson at several meetings (some of which she 'forgot' about) so as to exclude Ranson from the Manx Care MD job. Based of course on nothing more than Magson's spite.  It showed that her idea of HR wasn't doing the best for the staff or the organisation, but catering for the whims of whoever happened to be in charge at the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I think we can all guess that there will be further actions arising from the Ranson tribunal now if they’re f**king out the head of HR. 

Need to grab the bull by the horns and once and for all sort all departments out so at last things can move on as they should. Its all been a shambles for far to long .

4 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I think we can all guess that there will be further actions arising from the Ranson tribunal now if they’re f**king out the head of HR. 

If all the relevant 'players' leave now they’ll be in a better position should there be criminal charges laid. Better to be a former employee with all the pension benefits rather than an existing one with the chance they could be fired for gross misconduct and lose all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

I'm not sure you understand the role of HR any more than the present incumbents do.

Are you saying that providing a performance management structure is not a HR function or are you saying that civil servants should not be subject to such a performance management scheme?  Or maybe you mean both?

Either way, don't both legitimately fall within the HR function?

(And obviously the point of such a scheme is to manage performance and to facilitate the removal of managers - however senior - who don't perform.  Isn't that part of the global HR function?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suppose the unanswered question is why was there such a campaign against Dr R?  Did it emanate from professional jealousy on who was head honcho between the 3 main characters in this? 

It is very sad, primarily for Dr R, but why didn't some of the lesser players say "hang on a minute"?  Or was the WFH environment allowing aberrant behaviour to go unchecked even if it is just a passing comment from a colleague "oh, that's a bit mean"?

It just seems everyone was unfettered even by a basic sense of fair play. How could anyone involved believe it would end in anything but a car crash for all involved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

If all the relevant 'players' leave now they’ll be in a better position should there be criminal charges laid. Better to be a former employee with all the pension benefits rather than an existing one with the chance they could be fired for gross misconduct and lose all. 

I agree. That’s probably why they’re reported as resignations. Faced with the reality that they’re f**ked if they get a misconduct charge slammed on them the best action is to resign before it happens. 

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I suppose the unanswered question is why was there such a campaign against Dr R?  Did it emanate from professional jealousy on who was head honcho between the 3 main characters in this? 

It is very sad, primarily for Dr R, but why didn't some of the lesser players say "hang on a minute"?  Or was the WFH environment allowing aberrant behaviour to go unchecked even if it is just a passing comment from a colleague "oh, that's a bit mean"?

It just seems everyone was unfettered even by a basic sense of fair play. How could anyone involved believe it would end in anything but a car crash for all involved. 

I reckon they thought there would never be repercussions as there's never been before . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I reckon they thought there would never be repercussions as theres never been before . 

Possibly, but it seems so widespread that it is curious that no one said anything  even if it was not to get involved.

Perhaps there was a feeling of immunity given the pandemic that came from the very top.  You know something like " we're in a pandemic, you do what you have to do".  Thus the green light was given. 

Edited by Gladys

I wonder if Dr Ranson was not well liked within DHSC?

Wasn't one of the first things she did was to draw up a list of things that could be done better or weren't working properly within Nobles and the wider health service?

If there was a "this is the way we do things because this is how we've always done things" culture within DHSC, I can imagine that a "come over" pointing out things that could be improved upon might not be very popular...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

I wonder if Dr Ranson was not well liked within DHSC?

Wasn't one of the first things she did was to draw up a list of things that could be done better or weren't working properly within Nobles and the wider health service?

If there was a "this is the way we do things because this is how we've always done things" culture within DHSC, I can imagine that a "come over" pointing out things that could be improved upon might not be very popular...

Isn't that the reason anyone with any decent off-Island professional experience gets ousted (me included)?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2