Another one bites the dust

Bandits

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We should start getting really worried as soon as Hetty reassures us that there's nothing to worry about.

(I'm sure there's a video somewhere where she assures us that nothing will come of this new virus from China)

I thought the same thing. She also said it was like a bad cold or flu and then denied that she said that at the tribunal. Even though she said had said it on the public record.

38 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

A certain department was invited for a meeting today and reportedly thanked for their service.... this HR women certainly doesn't seem to be the last...

I guess Public Health because what's the point of them if we just follow Public Health England anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

is very sad, primarily for Dr R, but why didn't some of the lesser players say "hang on a minute"?  Or was the WFH environment allowing aberrant behaviour to go unchecked even if it is just a passing comment from a colleague "oh, that's a bit mean"?

It just seems everyone was unfettered even by a basic sense of fair play. How could anyone involved believe it would end in anything but a car crash for all involved. 

You’re being way too charitable.   As I alluded to in a previous comment, I suspect that the “lesser players” that is the layer of management below Ms Magson (ie, those currently resigning or already gone) were happy (or even keen) to do what she wanted.   The arrogance which allowed them to bully, sideline, backstab etc was based on the sure knowledge that Dr Ranson would go off into the sunset, like so many before her, and the clique would be back to business as usual in no time…

…or is that too cynical?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Now Ms Coney, Head of HR!

She'll be hopping off to another job then? In her next interview, she'll be Lapin from the other side of the dish?

A little light entertainment in this serious matter.

Just now, Roxanne said:

Perhaps the wheels are in motion and they’re waiting to announce?

I do hope so. 

Lots of wheels in motion I'd say and to clear out this amount of people and others to come , as you know , takes awhile but it seems to be all happening remarkably quickly . Interesting days to come. !! .

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Ranson Decision shows her collaborating with Magson at several meetings (some of which she 'forgot' about) so as to exclude Ranson from the Manx Care MD job. Based of course on nothing more than Magson's spite.  It showed that her idea of HR wasn't doing the best for the staff or the organisation, but catering for the whims of whoever happened to be in charge at the time.

Hmmm, far from the only Government department or office where the managers have applied this self-serving principle. #collaborators

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Maybe because of her position in the hierarchy Ewart is being allowed some dignity in how she chooses to go?

Why?  More dignity than was afforded Dr R?

The text exchange was shocking.  To treat a colleague in that way was reprehensible and that is only what we have seen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2