Another one bites the dust

Bandits

14 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Hmmm, far from the only Government department or office where the managers have applied this self-serving principle. #collaborators

The HR Dept is probably one of the most corrupt areas of government. Sorting out jobs for their mates, enabling bullying, being useless at either papering roles or doing proper background checks, and largely doing nothing else of any value to anyone but to them or their mates. 

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

Are you suggesting that Dr Ranson's identification of issues that needed improvement would justify her subsequent treatment?

(Sorry - really don't understand the point you are trying to make.  Presumably a competent tribunal with with two prominent counsel representing the parties would have unearthed both sides of the story?  Notwithstanding that DHSC apparently failed to comply with disclosure)

Sorry but how do you know that Ranson's "identification of issues" requiring improvement were widely agreed with, accepted and supported by her peers?

Ignoring bullying might be more accurate? This could be because the heads of the Depts consult with each other as to the outcome required by that other Head?

As I said earlier, the lack of face to face contact leads to a confluence of results as required by the other Head from all involved?

13 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

The HR Dept is probably one of the most corrupt areas of government. Sorting out jobs for their mates, enabling bullying, being useless at either papering roles or doing proper background checks, and largely doing nothing else of any value to anyone but to them or their mates. 

Time the whole department was disbanded and a private sector company employed to run government HR

Very odd reading the diatribe of the resignations especially the recently appointed DHSC CEO Karen Malone (Feb 2022)

In a statement Ms Malone said: "While I have enjoyed working in the public sector for more than 20 years an opportunity has presented itself which will enable me to pursue personal interests.

Really, nothing to do with the Ranson Tribunal then. Just a coincidence then?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Very odd reading the diatribe of the resignations especially the recently appointed DHSC CEO Karen Malone (Feb 2022)

In a statement Ms Malone said: "While I have enjoyed working in the public sector for more than 20 years an opportunity has presented itself which will enable me to pursue personal interests.

Really, nothing to do with the Ranson Tribunal then. Just a coincidence then?

The opportunity is possibly Hobson's choice to do some gardening. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Time the whole department was disbanded and a private sector company employed to run government HR

Private sector doesn't always mean better and generally means more expense in the long run. Just look at anything privatised in the UK. 

OHR just need to... recruit better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Private sector doesn't always mean better and generally means more expense in the long run. Just look at anything privatised in the UK. 

OHR just need to... recruit better.

And a clear definition of their role and accountability. 

8 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Far from it for me to be cynical, but there is the possibility that her leaving present was so large that her future personal interests are limited to doing bugger all on a beach.