UK Chancellor’s cost of living crisis statement

forestboy

20 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Not me. I’ve just turned the downstairs toilet into a wood-store.

All I need now is some wood, a chainsaw, and one of those cross things to out the wood on - and a large amount of effort.

And not a small amount of courage  

You go girl! We've just got next years wood cut thanks to a magnificent haul from the beach over the last few storms.

New Treasury Minister Allinson is really spouting the bullshit today on the NPM. He says that the island reserves are solid but we must be prudent. I wonder if that is a way of saying that the GMP will have to freeze, starve and do without as IOMG have a wish list of pie in the sky and wishful thinking ventures that they have subscribed to? There is prudent and there is prudent. Years and years of mismanagement of the islands wealth, and when things are sticky, it’s Treasury Minister is stubborn and oblivious to the needs of its citizens, especially when it’s utilities are a monopoly, and there are additional costs of living on an island.

Incidentally I’m not advocating wasting money, but a civil service staffing review, and a review of general expenditure wouldn’t go amiss, and savings used to get through the cost of living crisis. 

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

New Treasury Minister Allinson is really spouting the bullshit today on the NPM. He says that the island reserves are solid but we must be prudent. I wonder if that is a way of saying that the GMP will have to freeze, starve and do without as IOMG have a wish list of pie in the sky and wishful thinking ventures that they have subscribed to? There is prudent and there is prudent. Years and years of mismanagement of the islands wealth, and when things are sticky, it’s Treasury Minister is stubborn and oblivious to the needs of its citizens, especially when it’s utilities are a monopoly, and there are additional costs of living on an island.

Incidentally I’m not advocating wasting money, but a civil service staffing review, and a review of general expenditure wouldn’t go amiss, and savings used to get through the cost of living crisis. 

The amount of resources wasted is phenomenal.  They should start there.  Agree with everything you’ve said! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I agree but its not going to happen anytime soon.  It should and could especially now Greenhow  has gone but just feel Alf is not up to it as it goes against the policy thats been in place for years to increase the population. Even now theres a active policy to encourage new residents. 

Uncontrolled immigration and we will take any new residents, criminal convictions or undesirable. Sadly this island to some extent isn’t discerning, even vetting those who have the skills the island is looking for. There was once a status afixed to those who moved to an ‘tax haven’ and many used it as a badge of honour. Unfortunately that badge has become tarnished and it isn’t viewed as favourably as it once was. The costs of living here are slowly outweighing the benefits as compared to living in the adjacent isle. 

• Thanks 1