UK Chancellor’s cost of living crisis statement

forestboy

19 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Well, it won't happen here - only the 'very vulnerable' will receive help to escape the heat/eat dilemma

As in HNWs...and farmers and landowners?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Well, it won't happen here - only the 'very vulnerable' will receive help to escape the heat/eat dilemma

What about the inbetweens, those not on benefits and working? Do they not count? They have bills to pay and electricity, gas and rent/mortgage to pay, coupled with the cost of living, increased price of food, transport and other expenses.

If IOMG hadn’t wasted money on woeful and avoidable waste, squandering taxpayers cash in a needless orgy, to please politicos and civil servants, then maybe IOMG may be able to have funds to cut MUA charges and perhaps some state intervention with Manx Gas prices. 

Prices of utilities will rise in October, I don’t know what the cost of a dual fuel household is for Electricity and Gas is, on the IOM? The energy cap has been estimated at £2800 in October, hence the UK introduced windfall tax on energy companies. Is Allinson going to introduce another package in October, only for the ‘very vulnerable’? Everyone is suffering, but unfortunately one section of society is funding other sections of society, and many residents/taxpayers aren’t getting any financial help. 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Prices of utilities will rise in October, I don’t know what the cost of a dual fuel household is for Electricity and Gas is, on the IOM? The energy cap has been estimated at £2800 in October, hence the UK introduced windfall tax on energy companies. Is Allinson going to introduce another package in October, only for the ‘very vulnerable’? Everyone is suffering, but unfortunately one section of society is funding other sections of society, and many residents/taxpayers aren’t getting any financial help.

I’m on oil thankfully but electricity costs is horrendous & I understand will have to go up again alongside gas unless IOMG want to subsidize.

Pity MUA used £millions subsidizing big businesses like egaming last year!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I’m on oil thankfully but electricity costs is horrendous & I understand will have to go up again alongside gas unless IOMG want to subsidize.

Pity MUA used £millions subsidizing big businesses like egaming last year!!

I doubt IOMG will give the GMP anything, to help hard working and struggling taxpayers. What would be nice is if Allinson next years budget acknowledges the role over the last 2 years, with Covid and the cost of living crisis, and if the Treasury investigated whether taxpayers could have a cut in income tax. Those who work will benefit, and it will help those who qualify for nothing. 

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I doubt IOMG will give the GMP anything, to help hard working and struggling taxpayers. What would be nice is if Allinson next years budget acknowledges the role over the last 2 years, with Covid and the cost of living crisis, and if the Treasury investigated whether taxpayers could have a cut in income tax. Those who work will benefit, and it will help those who qualify for nothing. 

Covid, a war on our doorstep and the ever-present threat of climate catastrophies makes for the perfect financial storm. You really couldn't have planned it better!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Covid, a war on our doorstep and the ever-present threat of climate catastrophies makes for the perfect financial storm. You really couldn't have planned it better! Next year won't be any better than this year, probably worse in fact.

I don't know what everyone thought the implications of printing billions of pounds and handing them out so people didn't have to go to work would be?

Well now we know, rampant inflation, high prices and dwindling savings! 

Now the UK chancellor is about to throw some fuel on the fire with payments to every household etc etc. Bloody hell, what's the point?