Getting it wrong

Passing Time

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

What with this and the defeat of their opposition to the Gin Bar extension, it looks a bit embarrassing...?

Somebody posted a clip of the commissioners last meeting. It was a "toe curler". That lot must aspire to looking amateurish

• Like 1

You have to be careful putting up a lot of these sort of notices. It can be like warning sign that the place is unfriendly. Like a beachside cafe with lots of signs warning "no substitutions", or "shirts must be worn at all times in the premises", "Polite Notice: please do not track sand into this establishment." Even if you no intention of disrobing or scattering debris it's offputting. 

• Like 1

It doesn’t actually deter dogs from pissing on street furniture/pavements though so it’s a waste of time, we tried some mild disinfectant in an area the dogs kept pissing and the dogs pissed even more all over it, a walk over the swing bridge can be quite hazardous with pools of dog piss across the pavement too, dogs doing what dogs do I suppose.

24 minutes ago, Declan said:

You have to be careful putting up a lot of these sort of notices. It can be like warning sign that the place is unfriendly. Like a beachside cafe with lots of signs warning "no substitutions", or "shirts must be worn at all times in the premises", "Polite Notice: please do not track sand into this establishment." Even if you no intention of disrobing or scattering debris it's offputting. 

very careful indeed. All of a sudden you become known as pet unfriendly and lose a lot of custom

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

very careful indeed. All of a sudden you become known as pet unfriendly and lose a lot of custom

I would be very happy to use a food establishment that was pet unfriendly. I hate dogs in cafes. Dogs smell and I really get cross when I see waiting staff petting dogs and then carrying on with serving food without washing their hands. We seem to be living in the cult of the dog. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

I would be very happy to use a food establishment that was pet unfriendly. I hate dogs in cafes. Dogs smell and I really get cross when I see waiting staff petting dogs and then carrying on with serving food without washing their hands. We seem to be living in the cult of the dog. 

I wasn't referring to food establishments. We have an outside area that people with dogs are welcome to eat but under no circumstances do they come inside