Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

41 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

I see this absolute turd is back in the papers already despite getting out early.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/kitching-pleads-not-guilty-to-common-assault-561685

It's a bit of a mystery why he was let out on probation, given that there must have been this outstanding charge against him (the alleged assault was in prison against a prison officer back in February).  Probation is a privilege, not a right.  We probably oughtn't say much more though as it's an outstanding case and this is one where sub judice might genuinely apply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this should be in Douglas Sh@thole thread but I suppose this one can't be blamed on Douglas per se, but it does remind me of Douglas from the 1970s and beyond, when it was sport for the local thugs to batter random visitors

An unprovoked attack on someone visiting the Island to watch his son play football. (Aye, the Isle of Man has dead 'ard football supporters).

This is in Castle Street and man who had had "a few alcoholic drinks" hit a visitor in an unprovoked attack.

Amazingly, Article 8 of the Human Rights Act was invoked

From Manx Independent:
614316864_HitmaninStreet01.thumb.jpg.227630e2a032dc51f6bd1dbbb357ee3c.jpg

Edited by AOR

1 minute ago, AOR said:

Maybe this should be in Douglas Sh@thole thread but I suppose this one can't be blamed on Douglas per se, but it does remind me of Douglas from the 1970s and beyond, when it was sport for the local thugs to batter random visitors

An unprovoked attack on someone visiting the Island to watch his son play football. (Aye, the Isle of Man has dead 'ard football supporters).

This is in Castle Street and man who had had "a few alcoholic drinks" hit a visitor in an unprovoked attack.

From Manx Independent:

I saw some of the Facebook comments the defendant and his girlfriend made under his own news report the other day. The guy is clearly a huge opinionated bell-end who fails to see that he got off lightly. It looks like it was a totally unprovoked attach for absolutely no reason other than he was pissed and angry. I hope his employer sacked him. 

30 minutes ago, AOR said:

Not really.  This is just formalisation of the sort of thing you might have seen in any court report in the last 100 years, where there would be a plea not to send someone to jail because they had children dependent on them.  The Article 8 reference only seems to have appeared in the last few years, but it means exactly the same thing.

• Thanks 1

Magistrates tell a drug driver that his conviction is a ''solitary lesson''!!! Just one then?

Other drug driver banned for 5 years, 1k fine, for being 0.7 over limit, 2nd offense, that doesn't sound like weak sentencing? What if he has to drive to pick up his supply!!!

On 9/15/2022 at 9:34 AM, Manxweegie said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ban-for-driver-who-suffered-significant-head-injury-after-orrisdale-crash/

Why is this reported in such a biased way to the driver who caused the injury, through actions entirely of his fault?

The sentencing is also so soft considering the actual state of injuries of the other driver!

I hate the fact that the sun is used as excuse for accidents, so all the times he’s driven previously and the sun wasn’t an issue, then on this one particular day it’s suddenly an issue?

“I didn’t see that pedestrian/cyclist/motorcyclist/stationary object due to the sun” Well how about you just drive to the conditions and accept some responsibility, exactly as you’d expect others to do.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, AOR said:

From Manx Independent:

Scum like this used to get a good pasting, sometimes from the coppers. That's what they need but they don't get it. They do get a lawyer, probation and social workers, and a lenient court. The innocent victim gets f**k all and no justice. I'd be paying Michael Trevor France a visit... 

6 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I hate the fact that the sun is used as excuse for accidents, so all the times he’s driven previously and the sun wasn’t an issue, then on this one particular day it’s suddenly an issue?

“I didn’t see that pedestrian/cyclist/motorcyclist/stationary object due to the sun” Well how about you just drive to the conditions and accept some responsibility, exactly as you’d expect others to do.

Half the minimum sentence given to those who may have smoked cannabis the previous day and caused no accidents.