Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

7 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I hate the fact that the sun is used as excuse for accidents, so all the times he’s driven previously and the sun wasn’t an issue, then on this one particular day it’s suddenly an issue?

“I didn’t see that pedestrian/cyclist/motorcyclist/stationary object due to the sun” Well how about you just drive to the conditions and accept some responsibility, exactly as you’d expect others to do.

That sun eh! I accept accidents can happen but what the fuck is wrong with people not slowing down when they can't see the road and who is on it in front of them.

The Isle of Man is a fucking dangerous place to be on the road. I don't think the sentencing is going to help.

Some examples.

1. Cyclist is lucky to be alive 120 hour community service, 12 month ban. Note defective windscreen washer, which driver became aware of before the crash. So no fucking excuse at all.

2. Van driver was 'blinded by the sun' when he hit cyclist 160 hours community service, banned for a year and to retake test

3. Driver was blinded by sun as he hit cyclists fined £500, 6 penalty points. Note the defence advocate said his (42 year old) client had in excess of 30 years driving experience.

32 minutes ago, AOR said:

3. Driver was blinded by sun as he hit cyclists fined £500, 6 penalty points. Note the defence advocate said his (42 year old) client had in excess of 30 years driving experience.

depends what the advocate meant by 'driving'    i was driving a ride on lawnmower when i was 9 , massey 135 tractor at 11, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WTF said:

depends what the advocate meant by 'driving'    i was driving a ride on lawnmower when i was 9 , massey 135 tractor at 11, 

I thought something like this, but how relevant is it, in court, when you have just hit a couple of cyclists? I'll tell you  how much relevance it is - fuck all relevance. It's just lawyers bollocks talk.

Anyway, there are some good laughs in this list:

https://www.martininsurance.com/humor-actual-statements-insurance-claims-great-britain/

• Haha 1

Scum like this used to get a good pasting,

Quite right, get rid of them South American Police style, no trial, just beat them up and hang them from a lamp post, lesson to others!!!

.....and that guy who lets his Dog shit on the pavements, cut his legs off, then he wont be able to take his Dog out!

Even if we find out later it was a mistake, well, still a lesson!!!

Just as long as they don't bring in any laws about disparaging others on MF! Christ, how many of us would be left???

42 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Deemster makes it pretty clear the reason for the sentence and even almost apologises it feels:

"Addressing the length of the sentence imposed on Evans he told them ‘we are restrained by guidelines and Tynwald’ before saying he hoped that the sentencing of Evans would help them to move on. "

This is something that needs to be addressed by Tynwald and the MHK's because not only has he taken a life he's wasted police time, lied and really shown no remorse whatsoever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manxweegie said:

Deemster makes it pretty clear the reason for the sentence and even almost apologises it feels:

"Addressing the length of the sentence imposed on Evans he told them ‘we are restrained by guidelines and Tynwald’ before saying he hoped that the sentencing of Evans would help them to move on. "

This is something that needs to be addressed by Tynwald and the MHK's because not only has he taken a life he's wasted police time, lied and really shown no remorse whatsoever. 

Why worry about things like this, when our politicos are more interested in climate change and other nonsense. 

Sad a life has been lost and punishment meted was poor. Do I think loopholes and sentences will be toughened? I would like to think so but unfortunately it’s hard to tell what Tynpotwalders membership priorities are. 

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Why worry about things like this, when our politicos are more interested in climate change and other nonsense. 

Sad a life has been lost and punishment meted was poor. Do I think loopholes and sentences will be toughened? I would like to think so but unfortunately it’s hard to tell what Tynpotwalders membership priorities are. 

and his remand time will come off his 50% of time he'll serve

• Like 1