Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

8 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Sigh.

Seriously man what the fuck is wrong with you? Like what on earth is the thought process that goes through what passes as you brain that makes you think that this is in any way a comment worth posting?

Good grief.

It’s a quote from the news report.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Here is the bit from the news report

"Wood’s mother who was watching from the public gallery, as her son was led away from the dock, shouted: “My son is there because he’s black. You are all against my son because he is black.”"

So the comment was not a direct quote was it.

Fucks sake.

They have now redacted that from the news report. But you are correct that’s exactly what was originally reported. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

To be fair to Stu it’s a straight quote attributed to the convicted’s mother. Reported in the press. 

I ask myself then what is the benefit to anyone to replicate it on here, What purpose does it serve? I respect Stu's opinion on anything's but really if he feels anything about it then there is a place for him to voice it. 

If my representative had posted this I would be questioning the motive and seeking an explanation. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

A horrendous crime, everyones nightmare I would dare to suggest. As a father, grandfather, husband I find the description of what happened very difficult to make sense of.

I can only try and imagine the distress of the all relatives involved having had to listen to the details in court which must have been the worst thing imaginable and impossible to comprehend. 

For the media to seize on that particular quote does not demonstrate integrity. For an elected representative to echo it could arguably show the same.

Maybe it's me that is wrong. Its only my opinion. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Horrendous crime. The fucker should be hanging for it. 

That's as bad a post as Stu's and you are lucid enough to actually know what you are posting...........

Being racist is never clever, or funny, as I am sure you were trying to be. I really don't think that you, OBS, are racist?

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Confused 1