Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, BriT said:

Caught with a gun in your car? Then off you go fella and sort out those personal difficulties you have! 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/offender-who-had-gun-in-his-car-is-given-a-conditional-discharge-591425

7 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

I read it. Sounds like someone got caught with a gun in their car. 

They got caught for minor motoring offences. The gun was legitimately in his car. Sparked a high level police response, but no offence committed.

Now do you understand. There wasn’t a firearms offence.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I read it. Sounds like someone got caught with a gun in their car. 

I don’t believe I said there was a fire arms offence. I said that I read the same story and the guy clearly had a gun in the car. The personal difficulties thing is strange because it sort of suggests that driving around with a gun in your car (whether licensed or not) created some sort of problem. Otherwise why would the fire arms squad by called to a motoring offence? 

Edited by MrGarrison

Just now, MrGarrison said:

I don’t believe I said there was a fire arms offence. I said that I read the same story and the guy clearly had a gun in the car. The personal difficulties thing is strange because it sort of suggests that driving around with a gun in your car (whether licensed or not) created some sort of problem. Otherwise why would the fire arms squad by called to a motoring offence? 

Why do you relate the personal difficulties to the firearm, rather that the driving offences. Mitigation would only relate to the offences charged. You’ve been taken in by sensationalised paper headlines.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Why do you relate the personal difficulties to the firearm, rather that the driving offences. Mitigation would only relate to the offences charged. You’ve been taken in by sensationalised paper headlines.

Because otherwise why would a firearms team be called to the scene of a motoring offence? Surely even if they found a shotgun in the back of someone’s van when pulling them over they’d simply call Police HQ and be told they had a license for it or not. Why call a SWAT team if he had a gun license? 

8 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

because they need a few turnouts to justify their existence and another call out logged   it would have taken over 30 minutes for them to get kitted up and drive from Douglas to Ramsey ,  perhaps there is an argument for having  qualified  firearms officers with suitable equipment  based in Ramsey and the south ,?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They got caught for minor motoring offences. The gun was legitimately in his car. Sparked a high level police response, but no offence committed.

Now do you understand. There wasn’t a firearms offence.

Why comment on a situation you clearly know nothing about?

• 9 months later...
34 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

And one that almost went unnoticed..the son of a former well known local policeman gets probation after being caught red-handed..

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/teen-told-stay-away-from-drugs-after-being-caught-with-1-8k-of-cannabis/#:~:text=Jake Sloane%2C of Empress Drive,former home on Peel Road.

25 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

One law for people with influence, one law for the plebs. 

If his father had been a local scallywag down he goes for 5 long.

It’s within sentencing guidelines, as applied in IoM with Manx uplift. Remember £1800 prosecution value is vastly exaggerated and is probably a £100 wholesale in Liverpool.

Don't think his dad has “influence”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

And one that almost went unnoticed..the son of a former well known local policeman gets probation after being caught red-handed..

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/teen-told-stay-away-from-drugs-after-being-caught-with-1-8k-of-cannabis/#:~:text=Jake Sloane%2C of Empress Drive,former home on Peel Road.

His (mothers) house was raided with door booted in a couple of weeks ago at 130 am . Full force screaming and shouting from the Fed's.  Woke my kids up! This lad is constantly in trouble with Fed's.  This is in sulby 

Edited by Turtleish
Extra info

6 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

His (mothers) house was raided with door booted in a couple of weeks ago at 130 am . Full force screaming and shouting from the Fed's.  Woke my kids up! This lad is constantly in trouble with Fed's.  This is in sulby 

Feds - another Americanism deemed acceptable :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1