Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

On 5/31/2022 at 8:35 AM, Happier diner said:

4 points on their licence should be the stinger, but that’s only if the driver tells their insurance company, there should be a follow up to make sure they’re paying inflated premiums for the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

This seems the other extreme, jail for a 5k attempt at fraud but if you claim benefits for many years & rip off taxpayers you get fines payable over 50 years from benefits 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/man-who-altered-home-valuation-during-divorce-jailed/

All that for the sake of trying to screw his wife out of 5k? Lost his career, reputation and now has a criminal conviction, what a fool.

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

All that for the sake of trying to screw his wife out of 5k? Lost his career, reputation and now has a criminal conviction, what a fool.

assuming he would get half the value by reducing it by 5k he was only trying to do her out of 2.5k , even dumber.

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

assuming he would get half the value by reducing it by 5k he was only trying to do her out of 2.5k , even dumber.

Well he was trying to save himself 5k by screwing her out of 2.5k it’s just ridiculous and certainly not what you’d expect from anyone working in compliance where integrity is key.

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Is it somehow worsened by the fact that the fella was supposedly some compliance supremo in the finance sector?

20220630_095009.jpg

possibly an interesting article on page 4 going by the front page then ?  who's going to start a thread ???

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

In a divorce, it’s not always just about the money. 

Point-scoring = a pointless waste of time and doesn’t make anyone any happier. Those hell bent on revenge don’t feel any better for it, the energy wasted on hating someone is better spent elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That this guy has been shown for who he is, is more of a triumph than the sentence itself. 

That’s exactly it, it takes something like a divorce to really see peoples true colours, if you ever loved someone you don’t fuck them over, you let them go. You hold the higher moral ground by just walking away and leaving them to sort the mess out they’ve created, not by being hell bent on revenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That’s exactly it, it takes something like a divorce to really see peoples true colours, if you ever loved someone you don’t fuck them over, you let them go. You hold the higher moral ground by just walking away and leaving them to sort the mess out they’ve created, not by being hell bent on revenge.

H-mm. That sounds simplistic, and idealistic. I'm guessing you've never had to endure being in such a position. Some people, for a variety of reasons find it difficult to just walk away from a situation they've invested so much in, emotionally, financially and often parentally. There's a certain, gnawing agony about the protraction of it all, an upheaval one has to've lived through to fully understand the complications that arise, the frustration and emotionality can have murderous consequences. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, quilp said:

H-mm. That sounds simplistic, and idealistic. I'm guessing you've never had to endure being in such a position. Some people, for a variety of reasons find it difficult to just walk away from a situation they've invested so much in, emotionally, financially and often parentally. There's a certain, gnawing agony about the protraction of it all, an upheaval one has to've lived through to fully understand the complications that arise, the frustration and emotionality can have murderous consequences. 

I’ve almost certain I’ve been through more ‘life’ events than most people have in a life time. I had a very traumatic/chaotic upbringing, being the byproduct of a bitter divorce/affair , I can’t write my life story in a single post but it was absolute hell being played off one another, abducted, beaten and it caused so many problems for me right though to early adulthood, because the lines or wrong and right were extremely blurred and I learnt a lot of things the hard way (especially things relationships and how important school work should’ve been….) These events made me no doubt stronger as a person, but I have got absolutely zero tolerance for this nasty point scoring type behaviour, it  doesn’t make anyone any happier, fact.

If you want to make yourself feel better, it’s not found by screwing someone else over, it’s found by moving on and rebuilding your life, people get so heavily invested in short term events and drama they do stupid things that stop them from maybe having the next (probably) best 5-10 years of their life, that isn’t just relationships but things like jobs too.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To raise another point, things like a house being a ‘home’ and refusing to leave on that basis is something else I find absolutely trivial, a house is made a home by the people that live there, without that it’s just bricks and mortar. In short any house can be a home, it doesn’t have to be ‘that house’ just because it has memories attached, sometimes it’s better to move on and see where life takes you.

• Like 3