Weak sentencing…

Manx Bean

Nothing to do with this sentence but what would the legal position of the employer be if he were to further assault someone at work? Are they complicit in risk management?

The Court will deal with defendant but should the employer have protected the victim from the risk?

14 hours ago, Bandits said:

It’s a well profiled CSP too with a good reputation. They still have pictures of him and his footballing prowess on their Twitter feed. Hopefully nobody Googles the name and connects the dots.

Such as Gary Lineker went through his whole career and never booked. That is a reference that speaks for itself. 

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

..that they will to continue to behave above the law until a really horrible tragedy will occur. 

and a glass in the face resulting in a 4 inch scar and close to an eye out. Is not a really horrible tragedy?

46 minutes ago, Bandits said:

“Isle glass you in the face for chatting up my bird” 

Reminds me of Douglas in the 1970s. Although most of the thugs didn't need an excuse and most didn't have girlfriends. Not ones worth chatting up anyway.

Edited by AOR
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AOR said:

Reminds me of Douglas in the 1970s. Although most of the thugs didn't need an excuse and most didn't have girlfriends. Not ones worth chatting up anyway.

I’m just wondering how both FC IOM and Praxis IFM (and now Isle Listen) are getting round being associated with such an pile of crap? Was the charity work he was claiming credit for, for Isle Listen? Hard to see how helping people with their mental health equates to being supported by someone who glassed someone in the face. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kopek said:

Nothing to do with this sentence but what would the legal position of the employer be if he were to further assault someone at work? Are they complicit in risk management?

I very much doubt it. The link is too tenuous.Especially in the light of what the judge said. 

There is nothing in this that I have read to suggest that this individual in a sober working environment would attack a co worker or even a client.

That said I wouldn’t like to accompany him to a party.

11 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I’m just wondering how both FC IOM and Praxis IFM (and now Isle Listen) are getting round being associated with such an pile of crap? Was the charity work he was claiming credit for, for Isle Listen? Hard to see how helping people with their mental health equates to being supported by someone who glassed someone in the face. 

Isle listen. But not for too long as I’ll probably slash your face if you piss me off 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BriT said:

Isle listen. But not for too long as I’ll probably slash your face if you piss me off 😂

It does look like Isle Listen has partnered with FC Isle of Man

https://www.fcisleofman.im/2022/07/we-partner-with-isle-listen-to-start-a-conversation-about-male-mental-health/

On that basis it does seem a bit strange that a charity with such a focus on mental health is aligning itself with a football team who regularly pitches a player who has attacked someone in such a violent way and still let him play. They can’t listen to peoples trauma that much. They’re probably just desperate for the cash FC Isle of Man brings in. You can probably bet that the charity work undertaken as part of his mitigation is with this organization who clearly don’t give a shit where their money comes from. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

You can bet any non-league WUM worth their salt will be using this as on pitch banter against him when he plays, they'll try to get a reaction and bookings. 

Any self respecting charity genuinely concerned about peoples mental health would have just pulled the plug. Even the newspaper report says the man glassed is struggling with his mental health and his identity as an identical twin. But clearly Isle Listen don’t give a shit as long as the money keeps flowing from FC Isle of Man. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BriT said:

It’s really nice to see that despite being caught with thousands of indecent images we can still let paedo’s go on holiday for 2 weeks in Jamaica. Just sign back in with the police when you get back. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/child-abuse-pictures-man-awaits-his-fate-559559

Unbelievable... or not given the way sentencing goes on this island. Hope the courts shoved a few bob his way for spends...