EasyJet

Max Power

I can’t believe that Bus Vannin are coming in for so much stick when we have a carrier such as EasyJet getting away with cancellations left right and centre?

They seem to be arbitrarily slashing their flights at virtually zero notice with no offer of transportation to your destination within a reasonable amount of time!

Are they headed into administration and should we be doing something about it? Particularly as we enter TT time! I have just received word of a party of five who were flying in this afternoon being offered an alternative of Wednesday, the day they were going home!

• Like 2

Not just the Isle of Man:

EasyJet cancels hundreds of half-term flights from Gatwick as getaway begins

Interesting that they're stating:

"[...] Customers are being informed from today and provided with the option to rebook their flight or receive a refund and can apply for compensation in line with regulations.”

(my bold)  That's going to hurt.

55 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

"[...] Customers are being informed from today and provided with the option to rebook their flight or receive a refund and can apply for compensation in line with regulations.”

They are also supposed to offer you the option rebook  on an alternative carrier although that usually involves you doing that yourself and claiming back.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Indeed! A 'sold out' A320 which is cancelled, could cost them £90k if everyone claims, plus costs for hotels, ground transfers, and an alternative flight. The Bristol today was cancelled with around two hours notice and they aren't claiming any extenuating circumstances, so they'll be fully liable. 

If the press reports of around 24 flights a day cancelled at Gatwick are true, the numbers soon roll up into £ tens of millions. 

On the face of it, their desire to get back to 2019 levels of income have caused them to sell more flights than they have the resources to operate. Unless they can fix this problem pretty quickly the reputational damage will cost them dear over the rest of the Summer and it will be hard to see their leadership team surviving. 

I am well aware that some other airlines have similar troubles, but it's all about how you manage them that matters. 

And then, they also need to worry about Wizz Air, and the possibility that they will come back for another takeover effort.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Max Power said:

I can’t believe that Bus Vannin are coming in for so much stick when we have a carrier such as EasyJet getting away with cancellations left right and centre?

They seem to be arbitrarily slashing their flights at virtually zero notice with no offer of transportation to your destination within a reasonable amount of time!

Are they headed into administration and should we be doing something about it? Particularly as we enter TT time! I have just received word of a party of five who were flying in this afternoon being offered an alternative of Wednesday, the day they were going home!

The other half was 20 mins from Bristol airport and flight cancelled, only alternative is on Wednesday evening as Monday flight fully booked. Tim needs to be asking questions as the Island needs a reliable carrier, it is not the end the world for the missus as she gets to stay with grandkids a bit longer and I have a few days to tidy up 😁😁😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

The other half was 20 mins from Bristol airport and flight cancelled, only alternative is on Wednesday evening as Monday flight fully booked. Tim needs to be asking questions as the Island needs a reliable carrier, it is not the end the world for the missus as she gets to stay with grandkids a bit longer and I have a few days to tidy up 😁😁😁

Every cloud has a silver lining.👍🏽

• Haha 1