Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

The tide is slowly turning on climate alarmism as people start to realise what it’s going to cost them to fund a political movement with no real benefit. People will move to heat pumps and electric cars by choice when the prices come down, there’s no need to force the issue down people’s throats as we are doing at present. I made a speech to that effect in Tynwald a couple of weeks ago, but unsurprisingly it wasn’t reported at all by the local media, possibly because a missing dog had been found.

Of course if you dare speak out about the futility of it, you’re branded a denier and far-right fascist with no thought for the children. Good to see how many of us packed the Manx Legion for Paul Burgess’ talk…and I didn’t see a single swastika!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

The tide is slowly turning on climate alarmism as people start to realise what it’s going to cost them to fund a political movement with no real benefit. People will move to heat pumps and electric cars by choice when the prices come down, there’s no need to force the issue down people’s throats as we are doing at present. I made a speech to that effect in Tynwald a couple of weeks ago, but unsurprisingly it wasn’t reported at all by the local media, possibly because a missing dog had been found.

Of course if you dare speak out about the futility of it, you’re branded a denier and far-right fascist with no thought for the children. Good to see how many of us packed the Manx Legion for Paul Burgess’ talk…and I didn’t see a single swastika!

If the CM swings the axe on this particular section of Govt, what is going to happen to all the employees recruited to staff and promote it...?

Redeployment...?

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

Of course if you dare speak out about the futility of it, you’re branded a denier and far-right fascist with no thought for the children.

There is no futility in reducing toxic omissions from cars, you really are a clueless buffoon, were you even a competent taxi driver?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

There is no futility in reducing toxic omissions from cars, you really are a clueless buffoon, were you even a competent taxi driver?

I am not convinced that is a good argument. Sure, 20 years ago there were issues with NO2 and diesel engines but modern versions have fixed that. There are now concerns about rubber waste from electric cars and of course disposal at end of life. Essentially it is the case that anything man does will have an effect on the environment. 

I prefer the argument that anything to reduce reliance on oil is good for geopolitical reasons. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoTail said:

I am not convinced that is a good argument. Sure, 20 years ago there were issues with NO2 and diesel engines but modern versions have fixed that. There are now concerns about rubber waste from electric cars and of course disposal at end of life. Essentially it is the case that anything man does will have an effect on the environment. 

I prefer the argument that anything to reduce reliance on oil is good for geopolitical reasons. 

Geo political,  saving money and encouraging fat useless tubs of lard to get fitter and make the place more attractive. Loads of reasons and Air quality is another the air in Douglas rush hour is awful to breath, though not quite as noxious as the legion after 3 hours of stu peters and his old fat fascist bores 

13 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

What was it, a £42M budget out of the £400M?

For ranks of "Blue Carbon Officers, Upland Carbon Officers, Farm Carbon Officers" et al. Producing precisely what other than reports and paperwork to justify their own positions? They will have created more carbon than they have ever reduced.

It is a self-propogating and self-expanding industry.

Defa are the worst offenders in the creation of these new jobs.  How much has the blue carbon nonsense cost us?  Ban dredging all around the coast and leave it as it was.  We don't need to be paying divers to transplant bloody sea grass.

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Defa are the worst offenders in the creation of these new jobs.  How much has the blue carbon nonsense cost us?  Ban dredging all around the coast and leave it as it was.  We don't need to be paying divers to transplant bloody sea grass.

The divers do it for free, so you are right we don't need to.

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yea, and how much of that has been achieved, apart from banning fossil fuel boilers? 

They've done nothing on waste. That's for sure.

I haven't heard any discussion about a Waste Strategy, the Circular Economy or food waste.

'DELIVERABLES: 6.1 Waste Management and Circular Economy Strategies to deliver 15% sectoral emissions reduction by 2027, to be underway by 2023. 6.2 Review existing and closed disposal facilities (e.g. landfills) to determine the scope for reducing ongoing emissions related to storage. 6.3 Reduce waste and increase recycling across government. 6.4 Explore measures to reduce food waste to save money across households, businesses and government. 6.5 Support the reduction of single use plastics.

BENEFITS OF CHANGE: • Reduced pollution and demand for resources, benefitting biodiversity and natural habitats, locally and globally. • Opportunities for growth and innovation for businesses engaged in the circular economy. • Responsible consumption reduces waste but also leads to healthier spending habits, reducing pressure on households.'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HiVibes said:

It's called global warming not local warming yer moron, it leads to more extreme and unpredictable weather not going to make it 'more sunny'.

Actually, they call it climate change. It was changed from global warming to climate change decades ago when it was pointed out that some areas of the earth are actually cooling.