Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I don't know where you are getting your prices from. A heatpump system is about £12k compared to about £8k for an oil system and around £6k for gas. So it's only £4k extra. Insulation is not expensive if done at the time. 

It's really expensive to retro fit either so common sense says do it at the time of the build.

With average new house prices around £400k its hardly significant. 

Only 4k 🤪 you do know that most houses would need new radiators pipe work etc 

plus that would mean total house redecorating 

so your figures are rubbish 

I believe climate change is real, I also believe that until you can persuade India and China that change has to happen we are pissing in the wind .   I would like to ask Daphne two questions 1.    How much is her team of experts 😂 costing in wages, ITIP a year ?   2.   What have they achieved so far ?   I would wager answer to 1. would be  I do not have this figure and to 2 would be feck all.   

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I believe climate change is real, I also believe that until you can persuade India and China that change has to happen we are pissing in the wind .   I would like to ask Daphne two questions 1.    How much is her team of experts 😂 costing in wages, ITIP a year ?   2.   What have they achieved so far ?   I would wager answer to 1. would be  I do not have this figure and to 2 would be feck all.   

It's all just 'soundbites' or all piss and wind as we like to say!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Markduc said:

Only 4k 🤪 you do know that most houses would need new radiators pipe work etc 

plus that would mean total house redecorating 

so your figures are rubbish 

What are you talking about? I am talking about new houses. Did you read the thread or not?

2 hours ago, finlo said:

So what are all the other houses on the island supposed to use as this flawed technology is trying to be forced upon us and is clearly not fit for purpose.

I have no idea. Have you missed the point completely. Read the whole thread. I have an old house. Heat pump would be no good. I have no idea what we will do once gas and oil is outlawed. 

What I am saying is that I agree with Clare Barber. Stop making the same mistake with new houses. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Would the people in China and India not just say cut your carbon emission’s down to our level first?.

We need to reduce the world population if we are going to be able to live the way we do now. 

9E69BA15-9DBD-4556-9341-683AB7486E9A.jpeg

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 2

Pretty much every country in the world produces a good chunk of their power from renewables. Except the Isle of Man. Which hasn't bothered at all. People moan about China but they are heavily investing in clean energy and produce about 40% of their electricity from renewables. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I have no idea. Have you missed the point completely. Read the whole thread. I have an old house. Heat pump would be no good. I have no idea what we will do once gas and oil is outlawed. 

What I am saying is that I agree with Clare Barber. Stop making the same mistake with new houses. 

An electric combi boiler will heat your home and water. Combine with solar panels for the win.

The EU are making all property owners renovate their buildings to at least Class F, so I expect we will do that too at some point. Probably 40 or 50 years after the EU does 🙄

I agree with Clare too, it beggars belief that new builds are not including alternatives at this late stage. 

• Like 2

So there's no pollution producing the hardware i.e. the steel, electronics and transport and installation of the heating method, the method of producing the electricity and the hardware to do it and the transport to the site and the machines used building it and the short lifespan of the hardware, compared to say, my wood burner which is nearly 30 years old and still going strong?........just asking.

• Like 2

Why this obsession with central heating? We don't even live in a cold country! Insulate your house and use small electric heaters. Get an old fashioned immersion heater. As for new builds, don't put central heating in and knock circa £20K off the price. 

It is not rocket science. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Why this obsession with central heating? We don't even live in a cold country! Insulate your house and use small electric heaters. Get an old fashioned immersion heater. As for new builds, don't put central heating in and knock circa £20K off the price. 

It is not rocket science. 

There is a critical point where insulation becomes more expensive than heat. Yes you are right in theory. There are passive houses that need no heat at all but they take some building. The insulation is so good that the house is heated by the persons and appliances in them.

However the price of insulation rises exponentially, therefore there is a sweet spot where modest heat capacity twinned with the right level of insulation is the most economic?.