Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Unless you get USA , India and China onboard you can forget it . 

Quite agree. In my view though it is still a good idea to reduce emissions and dependency on oil.

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps not CO2, but CFCs (remember when aerosols and fridges were the devil?), leaded petrol and general pollution. 

There has been an awareness of what is being pumped into the atmosphere for a long, long time.  The suspects may have changed, but not the concerns. 

Funny how we keep finding new devils while completely disregarding the old ones!

Keeps the ball rolling nicely along I suppose.

• Like 4

Question. Where will the Stream trains fit in to the climate change philosphy. Genuine question. I get that in the big picture and for around 6 months a year it’s not a major factor but………. 

50 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Question. Where will the Stream trains fit in to the climate change philosphy. Genuine question. I get that in the big picture and for around 6 months a year it’s not a major factor but………. 

They're completely non polluting, must be coz Daffers likes them.

57 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

By burning old fridges and LCD tvs

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Happier diner said:

By burning old fridges and LCD tvs

Well, they certainly burn through public money, as does the green agenda.

Edit: Steam trains, that is.

Edited by hoopsaa

18 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Who are these people? Decades? It hadn't been a 'thing' that long has it?

Further back from gladys comments, in the 1970s, the USA insisted on catalytic converters to reduce the poisonous emissions. I remember well my first trip to the US. Boston had an orange cloud over the city. It was horrible. Similarly, in the early’70s, they lowered the speed limits on highways to reduce fuel consumption - there was an oil crisis at the time. However, I remember my Dad telling me we need to reduce reliance on oil. It was at the time estimated that oil would run out in 50 years. Frightening programs on TV saying this. People really started to try. On the grounds my Dad died 50 years ago, it was longer ago than that. 

18 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Its sad that such ignorance exists. But you will never change their view.

What is sad is the ignorance of younger people today who think it is all the fault of older people. We have been striving for efficiency all our lives. You have just been brainwashed! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Only another 30 odd thousand years to go until we march into the next cold climate period!

Some scientists reckon that the last warm Ipswichian Interglacial period was warmer by 2-5C than the present day (data collected from research into fossil taxa - beetles, ostracods, plant macrofossils, herpetiles and the like).

Screenshot 2024-05-24 18.56.33.png

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Further back from gladys comments, in the 1970s, the USA insisted on catalytic converters to reduce the poisonous emissions. I remember well my first trip to the US. Boston had an orange cloud over the city. It was horrible. Similarly, in the early’70s, they lowered the speed limits on highways to reduce fuel consumption - there was an oil crisis at the time. However, I remember my Dad telling me we need to reduce reliance on oil. It was at the time estimated that oil would run out in 50 years. Frightening programs on TV saying this. People really started to try. On the grounds my Dad died 50 years ago, it was longer ago than that. 

Catalytic converters do not reduce CO2 though. 

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

What is sad is the ignorance of younger people today who think it is all the fault of older people. We have been striving for efficiency all our lives. You have just been brainwashed! 

I have not been brainwashed. I have looked at the evidence and made my conclusion. No one has tried to convince me of anything.