Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

9 hours ago, monasqueen said:

It was climate change that killed off the dinosaurs.

The British Isles got covered in glaciers. 

It was climate change that melted them.

What goes around comes around.

What ignorance.

Yes of course there has always been climate change. But that's over millions of years. What's happening now is happening over decades and being influenced by human activity to a degree that outweighs any natural phenomena. Do some proper research. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What ignorance.

Yes of course there has always been climate change. But that's over millions of years. What's happening now is happening over decades and being influenced by human activity to a degree that outweighs any natural phenomena. Do some proper research. 

What is happening now is what has been happening for thousands of years, possibly slightly accelerated by human activity. The majority of that activity is down to the population explosion, destruction of the environment, creation of concrete jungles. Unless you are condoning killing off best part of half the population of the planet, there is nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you should do some research! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What is happening now is what has been happening for thousands of years, possibly slightly accelerated by human activity. The majority of that activity is down to the population explosion, destruction of the environment, creation of concrete jungles. Unless you are condoning killing off best part of half the population of the planet, there is nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you should do some research! 

where's thanos when you need him

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

That is not true we can do something about stop burning fossil fuels and the population increase is declining so it is directly down to humanity to rectify the faults it caused in the first place

• Like 1

The caption states:

"DATA: Mauna Log, Hawaii CO" record starting in 1958 and ice-core record before 1958".

This not a valid comparison. You have to compare apples with apples.

There is also any number of other graphs, e.g.

CO2andtempchangegraphnocaption.png.a932f6a4b389b5e8c0b63ee711d5a8e1.png

It is not possibly to understand a complex subject without having a PhD, but when I see a graph pointing to the heavens I assume that either the world is going to end tomorrow or the data is not being interpreted correctly.

• Like 1

I have devoted many hours explaining this subject on this site. The search facility will provide multiple posts. 

You don't need a PhD but you do need good resources. Here's an example 

https://www.coursera.org/learn/global-warming

Oh, and I'm almost certain the graph you posted was a "Before Present" graph. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Present

These stop at 1950 as they are looking at natural climate forcings which become increasingly overshadowed by man-made forcings after that date. 

A great resource is Potholer54's YouTube channel. 

https://youtube.com/@potholer54?si=wcuraSAr1cXpxnGt

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Like I said. Ignorance abounds. 

8 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Conflation?

Are you saying population has contributed to the climate change that you are denying?

When or where have I ever denied climate change? 
Are you trying to deny the population explosion? 
Are you saying that having eight times as many people does not create more CO2?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cambon said:

When or where have I ever denied climate change? 
Are you trying to deny the population explosion? 
Are you saying that having eight times as many people does not create more CO2?

No I am not saying that. What makes you think I am. If course it does

You though have repeatedly said that human activity is not a contributing factor to climate change and now are wholly blaming it on population of humans. 

13 hours ago, Happier diner said:

No I am not saying that. What makes you think I am. If course it does

You though have repeatedly said that human activity is not a contributing factor to climate change and now are wholly blaming it on population of humans. 

I have never said human activity is not contributing to climate change. It is not the cause. Human activity has certainly not helped and has likely accelerated climate change. The point is we cannot stop it. Governments and corporations have discovered a new way of taking your money. You are falling for it hook, line and sinker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2