Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

5 hours ago, Cambon said:

I have never said human activity is not contributing to climate change. It is not the cause. Human activity has certainly not helped and has likely accelerated climate change. The point is we cannot stop it. Governments and corporations have discovered a new way of taking your money. You are falling for it hook, line and sinker. 

To be fair to you it was WTF that said it was nothing to do with human activity.

However, genuine question. You say human activity has not helped but that we can't do anything to stop it. When you say 'we', who do you mean?

Also you say climate change was already happening, do you mean CO2 levels were rising. If you look back over the last few million years CO2 levels have risen and then fallen in cycles (over periods of 000's of years). Currently it is rising at an unprecedented rate. To me that says it's all to do with human activity.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

To be fair to you it was WTF that said it was nothing to do with human activity.

However, genuine question. You say human activity has not helped but that we can't do anything to stop it. When you say 'we', who do you mean?

Also you say climate change was already happening, do you mean CO2 levels were rising. If you look back over the last few million years CO2 levels have risen and then fallen in cycles (over periods of 000's of years). Currently it is rising at an unprecedented rate. To me that says it's all to do with human activity.

The unprecedented rise in CO2 levels. coincides with the unprecedented rise in population. 
When I say “we” cannot stop it, I mean human beings. 

18 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I wonder, when the Earth's atmosphere becomes the same as Venus (470 degrees C ground temp because of runaway global warming) will they rename the Earth 'Penis'?

Won’t matter as no one will be here!

27 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I wonder, when the Earth's atmosphere becomes the same as Venus (470 degrees C ground temp because of runaway global warming) will they rename the Earth 'Penis'?

On the plus side that's the ideal temperature to cook pizza

58 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The unprecedented rise in CO2 levels. coincides with the unprecedented rise in population. 
When I say “we” cannot stop it, I mean human beings. 

The human race could put a brake on it by drastically reducing the release of CO2. I agree it wouldn't stop it. It's too late. 

We have basically burnt a big proportion of the carbon that has built up in the form of oil, gas, coal. This ha been built up over billions of years but burnt with just a couple of hundred. It can't be out back in the ground now.

Not picking on you, but anyone that thinks that doing the above isn't going to cause an issue with old planet earth, imo, is a dick. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The human race could put a brake on it by drastically reducing the release of CO2. I agree it wouldn't stop it. It's too late. 

if we can't stop it why pander to it ?

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

What makes you think I am pandering to it?

didn't say you were ,  i don't understand how charging people money for emissions changes anything , the emissions are still happening.

2 hours ago, WTF said:

didn't say you were ,  i don't understand how charging people money for emissions changes anything , the emissions are still happening.

Screenshot_20240319-073113_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Happier diner said:

We have basically burnt a big proportion of the carbon that has built up in the form of oil, gas, coal. This ha been built up over billions of years but burnt with just a couple of hundred. It can't be out back in the ground now.

Not picking on you, but anyone that thinks that doing the above isn't going to cause an issue with old planet earth, imo, is a dick. 

The human race could put a brake on it, but it will not. Half the world are not even aware of the potential issue. Why would they be? They don’t have any monetary assets for large organizations to extract. 
Regarding your last point. Planet Earth is absolutely fine with the amount of carbon in the atmosphere. If you want to worry about something, worry about micro plastics. Or worry about the situation in the Middle East, or the Eastern Block. Any of those is more likely to kill you than the amount of carbon in the atmosphere. And, they are things people genuinely can do something about. 

@Cambon could you name a large organisation which if you were made God-Emperor you would immediately stop extracting monetary assets from people?

You do get voluntary exchange is a two way street, don't you. These organisations are providing things in exchange for the monetary assets and people are allowed to prioritise how they use the fruits of their efforts. 

Or as God-Emperor would you be a totalitarian and force people to only prioritise things you approve of?

Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is--the strong horse that pulls the whole cart.

Winston Churchill

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:
1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Or as God-Emperor would you be a totalitarian and force people to only prioritise things you approve of?

Isn’t that the whole point of being a god-emperor?  

(The master of it) anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does
things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the
world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great
things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does
what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things.

He who lightly promises is sure to keep but little faith; he who is continually
thinking things easy is sure to find them difficult. Therefore the sage sees difficulty
even in what seems easy, and so never has any difficulties.

Daodejing
Chapter 63