Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

Even the foundations have a lifespan:

"Some wind turbine installations that have been constructed in the last 10 years in the US and Europe have encountered structural problems stemming from thermal cracking during construction, or from fatigue cracking requiring repairs"

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

A Power Wind Turbine Base Uses How Many Yards Of Concrete?

The vast concrete foundations that keep wind turbine towers erect are, however, hidden from view below ground. These poured-in-place foundations are 10-20 feet thick, 60 feet in diameter, weigh about two million pounds, and take 40 truckloads of concrete, or around 400 cubic yards, to construct.

Because cement, a fundamental ingredient in concrete, generates a lot of CO2, all that concrete, which stays in the ground even after the wind turbines are deactivated, is silently compounding the climate issue.

Again, 1-1.5 GW windmill 

10-20 ft = 3-6m

Way off with your numbers 

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Even the foundations have a lifespan:

"Some wind turbine installations that have been constructed in the last 10 years in the US and Europe have encountered structural problems stemming from thermal cracking during construction, or from fatigue cracking requiring repairs"

Let's hope there's none of that pink concrete left over from the prom!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mercenary said:

10-20 ft = 3-6m

Way off with your numbers 

Ours are much bigger. If ours were a sensible size and in sensible places spread across the Island, I would be in favour of them. I am not against them. I am against the current proposal which destroys a large area of natural habitat, has already and will in the future require massive infrastructure improvements, and lots of other reasons. It is ill thought through. 

Edited by Cambon

12 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Ours are much bigger. If ours were a sensible size and in sensible places spread across the Island, I would be in favour of them. I am not against them. I am against the current proposal which destroys a large area of natural habitat, has already and will in the future require massive infrastructure improvements, and lots of other reasons. It is ill thought through. 

I think you are worrying about nothing. In what way will they destroy the habitat? They may have a small detriment to the habitat, but destroy? Come on man. 

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

No the ones I mentioned were of comparable size to those proposed by MU

It's a big foundation yes for a continuous pour (200 wagons), but it's not as if the island has never delivered large infrastructure projects in the past

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not sure if you are just kidding. His turbines are 10kw. The MUA ones are 20MW

Maybe he was thinking it is OK to ruin the visual environment to save himself a few quid on his electricity bill. He must be scratching around for money.

Or maybe he feels the need to save the universe by having his own wind turbines.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:24 PM, Chinahand said:

Cambon is making a fuss about nothing. I wonder if he's ever been within a 100m of a windfarm?

IMG_7636.thumb.JPG.37f054d82dacc4ba1605af506f45229d.JPG

Actually, I have had over twenty years experience, since I first went to Cornwall. I actually like the way those ones on the moores look as you drive through. But they are not in a residential area. 
Itis very simple. MU propose wiping out one of our carbon sinks to install windmills that will not do what we are promised, for a price that will make Liverpool look like a bargain! 
I am not against wind power. Earystane can not happen. It is completely ridiculous! 

• Thanks 1