Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

13 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Oh fuck ... why did I watch that

Your post (whilst excellent) is the finest example of Brandolini's Law I've seen in ages. And it won't influence Stu one bit because he's already made up his mind that the truth is what's convenient to him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Your post (whilst excellent) is the finest example of Brandolini's Law I've seen in ages. And it won't influence Stu one bit because he's already made up his mind that the truth is what's convenient to him.

True... I've battled with Stu Peters' waters & gut for many years. 

Stu isn't interested in details he just has a gut feeling it's all a fuss about nothing and an excuse for diddling money out of people and so is against it. Especially when it all seems to effect people far away and his ability to change it is tiny. 

Mr Burgess is a different kettle of fish. He's deliberately gone into the details and deliberately selected them to support his case while deliberately ignoring evidence he knows about but which refutes his position. 

How you deal with either of these personality types is genuinely challenging. 

Arguing about the science is one thing but really that is a misdirection. Evidence based policy making and adopting sensible energy policies is the point. 

Wind energy is something the island can benefit from, especially with the interconnector as is home insulation. 

It is tragic that climate denial is being used to squash sensible policies which, if implemented properly, would benefit the island. And what a shame Stu Peters MHK is sitting there with his gut at the centre of this web of distortion. 

Come on Stu you are better than this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:09 PM, NoTail said:

I claim no expertise in this but are you suggesting that MU is deliberately trying to waste money on a project that can't work? Why would they do that?

We know that experts are involved in approving this project. 

I suspect that secretly MU engineers and management are not really that interested in the turbine solution. I reckon their preference is to go full tilt at the interconnector solution with gas backup.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I suspect that secretly MU engineers and management are not really that interested in the turbine solution. I reckon their preference is to go full tilt at the interconnector solution with gas backup.

Hope so. 

42 minutes ago, HiVibes said:
1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Come on Stu you are better than this. 

Based on what evidence?

Based on affection for the forum's, and the Island's, grumpy right wing uncle. 

The view that climate change science is a con to extract money from people is bewildering.

The industry that has actually been extracting money from people for generations, and has every intention of continuing to do so no matter the consequences, is the fossil fuel industry. If you want to go down the conspiracy theory route, follow the actual money.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

The view that climate change science is a con to extract money from people is bewildering.

The industry that has actually been extracting money from people for generations, and has every intention of continuing to do so no matter the consequences, is the fossil fuel industry. If you want to go down the conspiracy theory route, follow the actual money.

globalwarming.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

So your theory is that it's all a conspiracy, what are Bill and Melinda up to this time?

5 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

So your theory is that it's all a conspiracy, what are Bill and Melinda up to this time?

No conspiracy just an educated guess based on what is achievable for the least capital expenditure. I think the wind turbine issue is something that the politicians are pushing for because it's something that can been seen, nothing more. And since an interconnector won't be visible it's not considered climate-sexy enough which is why it comes second in importance. Bill & Melinda? What have they got to do with my supposition?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

No conspiracy just an educated guess based on what is achievable for the least capital expenditure. I think the wind turbine issue is something that the politicians are pushing for because it's something that can been seen, nothing more. And since an interconnector won't be visible it's not considered climate-sexy enough which is why it comes second in importance. Bill & Melinda? What have they got to do with my supposition?

Wind Turbines are something that can be done many years quicker than an interconnector, so it's a very poorly educated guess.  

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Wind Turbines are something that can be done many years quicker than an interconnector, so it's a very poorly educated guess.  

And solar could be done immediately, is less intrusive, can be put anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Cambon said:

And solar could be done immediately, is less intrusive, can be put anywhere. 

Solar is being done at the same time and has a place. Not so good on an overcast day in December though. We are much more wind rich than we are sun rich....sadly