Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

They are already set to miss every deadline on their roadmap.  Quite an achievement considering the fandom towards their project management team that was evident earlier in the thread.

Screenshot_2024-06-12-13-17-17-20_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Also read in Post Office report that they had been declined for grants towards solar panels for some obscure reason 

• Haha 1

Some may find the below film of interest

It made me wonder if our willingness to accept some of the nonsense we're fed - like 'climate change', or even 'covid' may or may not be - will prove to be stepping stones on the journey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Also read in Post Office report that they had been declined for grants towards solar panels for some obscure reason 

Climate Change money is for feasibility studies but not for installation. They will have to do that out of their own budget. 

7 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. The power station still has to be paid for whatever. Surely having to buy wind farms and solar panels just increases the debt burden on the MUA. I get that it screws up the plan they had to pay off the debt, but they still have to pay it off don't they?

The South African National power grid - Eskom, has a similar issue as far as I can determine. 

It's massively corrupt and all money that was supposed to go on maintenance over the last 20 years has been plundered and all the people who knew what they were doing have been replaced by cronies of the ANC.  Hence it basically barely works anymore and they have rolling power cuts, or 'load-shedding' where the power is shared between regions on a timetable, as there is not enough to go round. 

Whilst I'd generally agree that giving corrupt individuals more money, will just make them more corrupt, Eskom now knows the only way to get out of the mess is to get more money allegedly to spend on repairs and maintenance.  This has led them onto blocking various attempts by private businesses and communities to set up their own (mostly green) power generation operations, as Eskom needs that money. 

46 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The South African National power grid - Eskom, has a similar issue as far as I can determine. 

It's massively corrupt and all money that was supposed to go on maintenance over the last 20 years has been plundered and all the people who knew what they were doing have been replaced by cronies of the ANC.  Hence it basically barely works anymore and they have rolling power cuts, or 'load-shedding' where the power is shared between regions on a timetable, as there is not enough to go round. 

Whilst I'd generally agree that giving corrupt individuals more money, will just make them more corrupt, Eskom now knows the only way to get out of the mess is to get more money allegedly to spend on repairs and maintenance.  This has led them onto blocking various attempts by private businesses and communities to set up their own (mostly green) power generation operations, as Eskom needs that money. 

I was told by an SA national recently:

"It's not that we don't have the capacity. It's the gangs that run the gas power stations that sabotage the oil companies, that sabotage the renewable and on and on. They're all ran by competing gangs trying to get more of the market".

You'd probably expect that in 3rd world countries tbh. SA though, masquerades as a 1st world country.

21 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

I was told by an SA national recently:

"It's not that we don't have the capacity. It's the gangs that run the gas power stations that sabotage the oil companies, that sabotage the renewable and on and on. They're all ran by competing gangs trying to get more of the market".

You'd probably expect that in 3rd world countries tbh. SA though, masquerades as a 1st world country.

Yeah and the 3rd party maintenance firms sabotage everything so they have work.

When everything works they have capacity. But it doesn't stay working for long.

Bur your 3rd/1st world analogy is perfect. They've got a pretty good facade of being a 1st world country, but you only need to lift the veil a little. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Bur your 3rd/1st world analogy is perfect. They've got a pretty good facade of being a 1st world country, but you only need to lift the veil a little. 

sounds familiar .

• Haha 1

This is a really good documentary on the work of climate scientists on the ice sheets of Greenland. 

Dangerous hard work in a remote but starkly beautiful environment to provide tiny nuggets of data synthesized into our understanding how the climate influences and is influenced by the ice. 

Cryo science for the win.

And shame on those distorting and denying their efforts. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001d7j2

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Paul Burgess is on the Mannin Line at 12:00 today...debating with Lamara Craine.

i caught the tail end of this, the little girl sounded just like a little girl.