Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

1 minute ago, b4mbi said:

yes, true, but we have resiliency of supply presently through an interconnector cable, gas supply, and oil generators (with a small percentage of hyrdoelectric capacity)

so build/install 2 more interconnectors so we have 3 total , even at 100 million each it would still be half what we paid for our current power station 20 years ago. and we would have even more resiliency .

as to the idea that croga would somehow be supplying gas cheaper than anywhere else, wake up. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Certainly sexual chemistry between him and Wint, flies a drone and sounds like one.  He is the one of the Juanon ( and on and on and on and on and on and on) gang  right wing noodles, english of course all of them.

To be fair even trying to be as objective as you can that Manx Tadio YouTube clip of Burgess and Lamara Craine is a complete train wreck. He has a level of control of the delivery which only comes with age. She comes across as a little girl who can’t get her own way other than stomp her feet and shout “Look mummy he’s a very bad man, he once shared a platform with Tommy Robinson” rather than counter anything he actually said in the studio. 

In relation to Burgess to be fair he does come across as very Brexity and has been on GB News etc which hardly adds to his credibility. But he openly said that he has no fixed affiliations with the far right groups they said he was linked to. So I suppose it’s up to those making the accusations to prove that he’s wrong if that isn’t true. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cambon said:

Better to ban young people from driving. Old people are the safest demographic. 

Have an interesting graph:

image.png.6f22473bf5d6bda878b83d2f56874fbd.png

Younger drivers are certainly dangerous, but at least they improve with time.  Older drivers less so.

It's interesting that it also shows women drivers as a bit worse in most age groups than men.  I suspect this is because women are more likely to make more short journeys than men and these are more dangerous per mile statistically.  The same may apply a bit to older drivers, but not enough to explain these figures.

12 minutes ago, Idleweiss said:

But he openly said that he has no fixed affiliations with the far right groups they said he was linked to. So I suppose it’s up to those making the accusations to prove that he’s wrong if that isn’t true. 

He was official spokesman for the 'For Britain Movement', who are aligned with the fascist ultra right BNP, but I am pretty sure you know that already, and this is just willful ignorance.

31 minutes ago, WTF said:

so build/install 2 more interconnectors so we have 3 total , even at 170 million each it would be 70% what we paid for our current power station 20 years ago. but we wouldn't have any more resiliency as the existing interconnector is at end of life.

as to the idea that croga would somehow be supplying gas cheaper than anywhere else, wake up. - Agreed

Corrected.

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

What central heating?

13 hours ago, Cambon said:

Better to ban fossil fuel central heating, as that is the single largest contributor to the island’s carbon footprint. 
Besides, why ban over 65s? They are the safest demographic. 

You tell me. You quoted it.

I assumed you meant the current gas or oil central heating that the vast majority of houses on the Isle of man have. Or did you mean something else?

40 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Resilience of supply could be an interconnect to UK and another to Ireland, coming into different sides of the island.

Probably expensive initially but once up and running let our two much bigger neighbours deal with the issues and expense of generation and send it to us.

and hold us over a barrel for pricing...

41 minutes ago, WTF said:

as to the idea that croga would somehow be supplying gas cheaper than anywhere else, wake up. 

Clearly following the Crogga proposal closely then. They've guaranteed to cap the price to IOM at 80p per therm. if the price goes lower then Island gets that lower price. All perfectly achievable as the IOM consumption is only 5-10% of the estimated recoverable gas field - the rest would be sold at market price on international markets.

Anyone thinking that gas isn't going to be part of the energy mix in 2050 should wake up.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

He was official spokesman for the 'For Britain Movement', who are aligned with the fascist ultra right BNP, but I am pretty sure you know that already, and this is just willful ignorance.

Why would I know this? You seem to be trying to suggest that anyone who went to listen was some sort of right-wing fascist which is yet another silly fallacy being pedaled. I’ve already said he comes across as a bit Brexity but unlike Ms Craine I’m not going to have a girlish cry about it. Because he was there to explain his views on where we are going wrong on climate policy not on illegal immigrants or leaving the EU. It is entirely possible to separate two different issues if you try. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

and hold us over a barrel for pricing...

I would rather that than the stupid situation we have now.

7 minutes ago, Idleweiss said:

It is entirely possible to separate two different issues if you try. 

So many people are incapable of doing this, and so if they disagree with someone’s views on one subject they automatically disregard any valid input they have on another.

Its very odd, and they must be very difficult to live or work with.

Edited by Roger Ram

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

An article full of  words like “might” and “can”. 

IMG_0355.png

You are missing one major thing in those figures.  Roger Mexico has already covered it but you graph is meaningless, while his shows the true story.