Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

6 hours ago, Idleweiss said:

The Manx Utilities Authority (MUA) has used statutory powers to rush though survey work at ‘Great Cringle Park’.

https://manx.news/mua-use-statutory-powers-for-wind-farm-cable-survey/

A letter sent to DEFA by the MUA says that the Authority’s “preference would always be to work with Departments to formalise a licence agreement in advance of the survey work being undertaken, however the potential cable route has only recently been identified by our consultants and we are conscious that the time it will take to prepare a licence agreement may result in our consultants missing crucial seasonal survey opportunities for particular species of wildlife.”

Strange take from JTs mob - why wouldn't they seek to use their statutory powers in this instance ? Instead accept a 6 month delay to the EIA, for the sake of 'politeness'?

There is probably an argument they should be using statutory powers to save taxpayers money regardless, rather than throwing DEFA unnecessary bones in a license agreement. I can understand when it's a private land owner there may be the desire to keep good relations, but they shouldn't be seeking to go above and beyond with Govt departments when the political side have given them powers for that very purpose.

I missed the Paul Burgess presentation and  hopefully can listen to the recording that JT distributes. I listened to him on mannin line with the person from the Green Party and thought the Green Party acted disgracefully in personally attacking Paul. Interestingly the Green Party also refused to denounce the actions of just stop oil . 

This was very similar to the lack of facts and attack on Paul’s reputation from the just stop oil representative on GB news.

The extreme green agenda seems to refuse to want to debate or listen to another opinion.

The MHKs who blanked the presentation , I presume without sending any Apologises , shows their true colours and was very disrespectful to the organisers of the event.

gb news link which mentions the IOM - interestingly the just stop oil rep refused to believe the IOM was self governing just like he refused to listen to Paul.

I personally believe in transitioning to greener solutions but not at all costs . I am not convinced about the suitability of wind as a long term permanent solution . If we can encourage developing countries who manufacturer all our stuff to be less reliant on coal and convert to gas this will be the biggest single win globally . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mann O Mann said:

I missed the Paul Burgess presentation and  hopefully can listen to the recording that JT distributes. I listened to him on mannin line with the person from the Green Party and thought the Green Party acted disgracefully in personally attacking Paul. Interestingly the Green Party also refused to denounce the actions of just stop oil . 

This was very similar to the lack of facts and attack on Paul’s reputation from the just stop oil representative on GB news.

The extreme green agenda seems to refuse to want to debate or listen to another opinion.

The MHKs who blanked the presentation , I presume without sending any Apologises , shows their true colours and was very disrespectful to the organisers of the event.

gb news link which mentions the IOM - interestingly the just stop oil rep refused to believe the IOM was self governing just like he refused to listen to Paul.

I personally believe in transitioning to greener solutions but not at all costs . I am not convinced about the suitability of wind as a long term permanent solution . If we can encourage developing countries who manufacturer all our stuff to be less reliant on coal and convert to gas this will be the biggest single win globally . 

You aren’t alone, most people are in favour with transitioning to more ecological solutions. People are getting fed up with the bullying, hectoring and lecturing, from pressure groups, and politicos. People are also fed up, with the extortionate amount of costs involved, and in this harsh economic climate, disposable income can be in short supply. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You aren’t alone, most people are in favour with transitioning to more ecological solutions. People are getting fed up with the bullying, hectoring and lecturing, from pressure groups, and politicos. People are also fed up, with the extortionate amount of costs involved, and in this harsh economic climate, disposable income can be in short supply. 

Who are these knobs?

https://www.sustrans.org.uk/our-blog/projects/2019/england/active-travel-on-the-isle-of-man/

27 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Which ecological solutions do you have that don't cost?

18 minutes ago, Radiolistner said:

A bucket of shit tends to attract flies of all shapes and sizes.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Which ecological solutions do you have that don't cost?

There aren't any that are 100% free (monetarily or carbon) and I think you know that. The point is IOMG is not taking the lead, even with our money. They haven't even started on any PV systems yet (if it's not cost or carbon-saving effective then why have it in the plans?).

On 6/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, Roger Mexico said:

What?  Did the naughty man come and spoil the meeting by pointing out some inconvenient facts?  How very dare he!

Actually what's very revealing about the discussion around this topic is how the climate 'sceptics' etc people tend to personalise everything.  They feel that it's a convincing argument against something Lamara Craine says is to point out she's young and female or that they don't like her voice (rather than what she says in it).  Or that Paul Craine wears glasses or whatever.  What they are saying can therefore be ignored

The naughty man did nothing of the sort. He offered no facts to counter what was being said. Lamara Craine said nothing of substance either. In fact, I wish they had, because it would have given me some confidence, if only a little, that we aren't heading to hell in a handcart on yet another infrastructure project.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2024 at 9:55 PM, 2112 said:

I start from the fact that this is barely worth doing in the Isle of Man to begin with because we don't even move the needle on climate change globally. It's an exercise in virtue signalling. The power station can run until 2050, it has been established. Then we have the interconnector. There are no savings to be made from building the windfarm because at all times we need backup from fossil fuels.

This was the situation until last week.

Then this man comes along, and says it's a whole lot worse than that. All of the government calculations are wrong. They cannot possibly obtain the yield they are projecting from the wind farm that's going to cost an arm and a leg, and it will only provide about 10% of our power. Of course, he may be wrong, but you know what? I reckon it should be checked out, because on past form I have no confidence whatsoever that I would back the MUA and government to have it right.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

I start from the fact that this is barely worth doing in the Isle of Man to begin with because we don't even move the needle on climate change globally. It's an exercise in virtue signalling. The power station can run until 2050, it has been established. Then we have the interconnector. There are no savings to be made from building the windfarm because at all times we need backup from fossil fuels.

This was the situation until last week.

Then this man comes along, and says it's a whole lot worse than that. All of the government calculations are wrong. They cannot possibly obtain the yield they are projecting from the wind farm that's going to cost an arm and a leg, and it will only provide about 10% of our power. Of course, he may be wrong, but you know what? I reckon it should be checked out, because on past form I have no confidence whatsoever that I would back the MUA and government to have it right.

But the man is a proven liar

• Like 1